Oskia Renaissance Mask Review


 
Oskia Renaissance Mask
50ml £51.00
Buy HERE
 
 
I came across this product almost by accident when I decided to pop a deluxe sample size of it into my first Latest in Beauty subscription box (I'm afraid it's no longer one of their choices now though).
 
And ohhhh! I just don't know where to begin with how utterly perfect this mask is - it's by far my most favourite face mask that I've ever encountered!
 
Let's take a look at the brand's claims for this product:
* Gives immediate spa facial results and long term anti-aging and brightening.
* Ingredients include natural fruit AHAs which gently exfoliate the skin and lactic acid to promote cell regeneration.
* Deep cleanses, reduces pore size, blockages and spot formation.
* Leaves skin smooth.
* Protects the skin's ecosystem through the use of prebiotics.
* Suitable for all skin types.
 
Ingredients
Glycerin, Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Olivate, Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM), Sorbitan Olivate, Lactic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Maltodextrin, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Passiflora Quadrangularis Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum (Natural Fragrance), Alcohol Denat., Xanthan Gum, Lepidium Sativum Sprout Extract, Inulin, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Ribose, Petasites Japonicus (Butterbur) Root Extract, Lecithin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Bisulfite, Phenoxyethanol, Geraniol, Citronellol, Linalool, CI 77491 (Iron Oxide).
 
Always my preferred natural way of exfoliating the lemon, grape and pineapple AHAs gently remove the dead skin cells from the top layer of skin and of course we have one of my favourite exfoliating ingredients - papaya enzymes which exfoliate and deep cleanse at the same time. The Swiss Garden Cress liposomes leave the complexion balanced, even and bright by reducing melanin production by 47%.
 
 
Scent and Texture
 
This was always going to be a winner for me as the initial scent is that of rose and it just reminds me of my beloved Istanbul - deep, sensuous and almost spicy rose. The product is a gorgeous peachy colour and has the consistency between a balm and a sorbet. Everything about this product at first sniff and feel is just pure sensory luxury!

Application

You only need a very small amount of this precious elixir to cover your face. Once you start to gently massage into the skin you'll notice that it turns from it's delicate peach colour to white, letting you know that you've applied it correctly.
Luxuriate in the heady rose aroma for 10 to 15 minutes (it's advised that sensitive skins start with ten minutes). Splash with a little water so the mask turns milky and then massage again before removing. I like to remove with warm water and a fluffy flannel to remove any dead skin cells that the mask may have dislodged.

When I first started to use this mask, I did notice a slight tingling sensation, but it wasn't anything too unbearable. After many uses of this mask, I no longer get that tingling feeling. I also noticed that on the first ever use my skin did feel slightly tight after use - again, this feeling only lasted for the first couple of uses.

I use this once a week only, generally in the evening routine. It's definitely my go-to pamper mask. Sometimes I use it as an in-shower mask.


Thoughts

It's probably not enough to just blather on about how much I love this mask! So I'll address the product claims and see if my expectations were met.

* Gives immediate spa facial results?
Yes! This is one of those rare products where the results are immediate. My first and main impression is the way it leaves my skin feeling ultra soft, clearer, cleaner and brighter.
* Long-term anti-aging and brightening?
This is harder to quantify when you use as many different skincare products as I do which all claim the same thing. So I'll have to go with my gut instinct with this one, and say yes, I believe it's one of the products that works really well for my skin.
* Deep cleanses, reduces pore size, blockages and spot formation?
Although I never think of this mask as a deep cleanser, there's no doubt that my skin is visibly cleaner and clearer after use. I also definitely notice an improved difference in the texture of my skin. As previously mentioned, it's super smooth and soft and it feels exfoliated without the red splotchiness you can get with physical exfoliation. My pores are reduced, even if only temporarily. As for blockages and spot formation - this isn't generally an issue I have a problem with, but I feel that my skin is so well cleared out that it would count as dealing with blockages.

The price of £51 for the full size version of this product would usually be something that I wouldn't spend on a mask (I think my maximum comfort zone would be no more than £25 on a mask like this) - however, when my deluxe sample size runs out (and I'm on my second of those) then I would definitely add it to my wish list and seriously consider re-purchasing the full size.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review