Dr Botanicals Tropical Invigorating Cream Duo Moisturiser Review

 
Dr Botanicals Tropical Invigorating Cream Duo Moisturiser
 
50ml £39.90 Buy HERE
 
 

I was sent this moisturiser by Dr Botanicals in return for an honest review.
 
Suitable for normal and oily skin, this moisturiser contains botanical extracts to protect and moisturise the skin. Among the ingredients are Elderflower - to protect the skin from free radical damage; Chamomile Flower extract to soothe irritated and damaged skin and Tiare Flower extract which helps to moisturise, nourish and purify the skin.
 
Full Ingredients
Aqua (water), Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Strearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Strearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (coconut) oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Isoceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Benzyl Alcohol, Carbomer, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Laureth-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Dehydroacetic Acid, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Lecithin, Avena Stringosa Seed Extract, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Benzyl Salicylate, Potassium Sorbate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Sodium Benzoate.
 
Packaging
I love and dislike this packaging in equal measures! I love the beautiful colourful tropical flowery design on the tube but I'm really not a fan of products in metal tubes for a number of reasons. Aesthetically, I think they start to look a bit ugly when you've used more than half of a tube - all crumpled and either rolled up from getting the product out or creased and out of shape. It's not a huge deal, but it is something I notice.
Also, practically - I always find that when you've dispensed the amount of product you want to use, always - without fail - it'll keep oozing out of the tube which ends up with an excess of product to use or it makes the cap all gummy and messy!
 
 
Scent and Texture
 
Considering the amount of botanical extracts in the ingredients, this is actually only very slightly scented. I was expecting a much stronger tropical scent, especially because of the inclusion of Tiare Flower, which I've encountered in some body products before and it's quite a heady but exquisite scent.
Texture-wise, this cream is like your usual white moisturiser cream.
 
Application

Because I usually opt for watery-gel type moisturisers I was slightly reticent about how I'd feel using a more traditional cream moisturiser again. However, despite the thicker consistency of this moisturiser compared to my usual choice of product, it was actually surprisingly light and absorbed well, leaving no heavy or greasy feeling on my skin.
I tested this moisturiser out both in my morning and evening routines. It was light enough but still hydrating enough in the morning to act as a good base before makeup (I prefer lighter a.m moisturisers so my face doesn't get too oily - meaning that my foundation won't slide around!). And in the evening, it was light but still nourishing and moisturising enough to not feel like I needed a sleeping pack as well.

 
 Thoughts

When I try out a new product, after seeing how it works for my skin, my next criteria is - would I buy this to use consistently in my skincare routine?

While this moisturiser worked well with my skin and I'm happy to keep it in rotation in my current routine, I don't think I'd re-purchase it once I've used this up.
The main reason for this is because, on several occasions, when using it in the morning, it would sting a bit. I tried using it with different products and pin-pointed that it seemed to sting after I used my Ordinary Niacinamide. Now, I love my morning dose of Niacinamide and if one of the products would have to be left out to avoid the stinging sensation, it would be the Dr Botanicals moisturiser that would have to go! So, I tended to use this moisturiser mainly in my evening routine.
But it just doesn't have that wow factor that makes you look forward to using a product. The packaging helped (but as already mentioned, also hindered) but the product itself just didn't have all the combinations that make a product well-loved. So for me, this moisturiser leans towards the 'meh' pile unfortunately.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review