March 2019 Favourites

 Ooh, but it feels like a fab month for new discoveries!
I've bought some stuff, been sent some stuff, eyed-up new stuff and wanted new stuff and pretty much all of it has been outstanding stuff!
 
Here are just some of the high-lights from the March Stuff-athon:
 
 
Flower Beauty - Light Illusion Foundation
I did actually tell myself that I was to absolutely not buy anymore foundations until I had finished up at least two from my current stash! But I was absolutely intrigued when I saw that Flower Beauty by Drew Barrymore was being stocked in Superdrug.
I took a gamble and ordered some online without testing the product in store first. The shade I wanted was out of stock for weeks online but as soon as it became available, I ordered immediately. Luckily the gamble paid off - the shade 'Nude' was a perfect match for my skin and the foundation itself if bloody fantastic.
I've written a post about my first impressions HERE.


 
Beeutiful Body Candle (*Gifted/PR)
I've had the pleasure of being introduced to lots of new-to-me British natural skincare brands this month. Seriously, I cannot praise these brands highly enough - they're innovative and exciting, ethically fabulous, hugely knowledgeable and informative, friendly and kind.
And when Carly from Beeutiful sent me this Warm Orange & Ginger Body Candle to try out, she also opened me up to a completely new experience!
For me, my first experience of using a body candle has to be the absolute height of at-home pampering - it really is the ultimate multi-sensory treat and I'm hooked!
Read a full review of this fantastic product HERE.
 
 
 
The Spolied Bee - Fruit Enzyme Serum (*Gifted)
I was gifted a gorgeous range of products from The Spoiled Bee this month. One product in particular absolutely stood out for me as something incredibly special - the Fruit Enzyme Serum.
One of the top priorities on my 'Joy Scale' is scent - which is reasonably understandable as it's perhaps the first thing you do upon opening a new product - take a sniff at what's inside. And at the first smell of this serum I was absolutely sold! It's smells just like Cherry Bakewell! Not one of those artificial 'let's try and replicate...' scents but the real thing!
The first ingredient in the serum is Plum Kernel Oil, so I could only surmise that this was the cause of such unbounded joyfulness! (see below!)
But this bottle is also packed with a cornucopia of superfruit  - Pomegranate, Starfruit, Passionfruit, Kiwi, Mangosteen, Pineapple, Lychee, Indian Jujube and Guava ex­tracts.
Full review will follow after a decent testing period has passed.


 
The Spoiled Bee - Plum Kernel Oil
After falling in love with the scent of The Spoiled Bee's Fruit Enzyme Serum, I just had to go back to the Spoiled Bee and order some of their Cold Pressed Plum Kernel Oil, as it's the first ingredient in the Fruit Enzyme Serum. It smells exactly like Cherry Bakewell!
Because of the amazing scent, I've been opting to use this as a body oil, but Plum Kernel Oil can also be used for formulating your own products from face creams, lip balm, massage oils and hair conditioners.
As well as selling their own range of skin and body care products, The Spoiled Bee also have a great selection of natural ingredients for sale for making your own natural skincare and body care. 
 
 
 
CocoRosa - Egyptian Neroli Cleansing Oil
Another 'love at first try' item! After trying the sample of the Egyptian Neroli Cleansing Oil by Cocorosa Beauty that was in February's Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box I was smitten and rushed to buy a full size. Everything about it is pure luxury. Again, it scores top marks on the 'Joy Scale'. The Neroli scent is particularly divine.
The recommended application is to apply to damp hands, raise the oil to your face and inhale deeply and then massage into slightly damp skin. I usually apply cleansing oil directly on to dry skin, so this was a novel approach for me, but one that, I think, increased the joy of using this stunning oil.
I can't help but love a product which surpasses what can sometimes be a perfunctory primary use and turns the act into a real luxurious, pampering treat.
 

 
 Rituals of Ayurveda Hand Cream
Yet another product where I had fallen in love from trying out a sample.
I'll be honest - a lot of the products I've tried from 'Rituals' are ones where I've had the initial reaction of 'ooh - that smells nice' and enjoyed using them but they've never made enough of an impression for me to actively seek out and repurchase. But after trying out a tiny sample of this hand cream from the Feel Unique Pick 'n' Mix Sample Service it was one of those really memorable products. So I promptly bought two more of these to keep in my stash. The hand cream is perfect for winter. It's rich and luxe without being too greasy and creates a gorgeous velvet barrier on your skin which remains, even after washing your hands. I would usually apply hand cream up to four of five times a day, but this has a long-lasting coverage and I only find myself needing to reach for it a couple of times a day.


 
NK Naturals - Winter Oil

My first ever 'Season Oil', the Winter Oil by NK Naturals was a fabulous introduction to a season-specific skincare product. Full of skin-feeding botanical oils and plant extracts, such as Jojoba Oil, Oat kernel Oil, Cacay Oil, Sea Buckthorn, Benzoin and Amber Resin, this luxe face oil was the perfect antidote to my dull, dry and tight winter skin. Full review HERE.
 
 
Evering Botanique - Gigi Body Balm
Having had the good fortune to recently try several of Evering Botanique's range in mini form, I loved everything I tried but the item which stood out most for me was the delectable Gigi Body Balm. Gigi is such a pretty little thing - from her striking green colour, to her intensely fresh and zingy scent down to her delectable melting balm texture. This is the ideal body balm to herald the arrival of Spring!
Read my Evering Botanique review HERE.



Eden Days - Jiggle Wiggle Soap and Body Butter
Last year I was introduced to Eden Days Body through their gorgeous Hawaiian Haven Body Butter from a Skin Organics Beauty Box. And of course, when I love a product, I'll immediately hop over to their shop to see what else they have to offer. It was quite hard to pick what to try next as all of their products look and sound so tempting. But the Jiggle Wiggle range really appealed to me as I'm definitely a woman possessing a fair amount of both Jiggle and Wiggle! I picked up some body butter, soap and Eden Days own scrubby natural linen soap bag to try out. They also popped in a sample of their Patchouli Elixir Body Oil which I loved, but was gone in a flash!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review