Bielenda - Dr Medica Capillaries Serum Review

 
Bielenda Dr Medica Capillaries Serum - 30 ml for £4.99 BUY HERE
 
 
Earlier this year I noticed that I appeared to have quite a few broken capillaries - particularly on my nose but also some on my cheeks and chin.
 
A quick google for treatment and skincare products for broken capillaries and the Bielenda Dr Medica Capillaries serum looked most favourable (and best value!).
  
I was pretty happy to find out about Bielenda products through this serum - they have a huge range of skin and bodycare products with some fantastic ingredients. The Bielenda Professional range is particularly exciting!
I buy my Bielenda products from Clamanti - there are actually more products in this Capillaries range including micellar water and capillaries cream.

Ingredients that help with Redness - Broken Capillaries, Rosacea, Sensitive Red Skin
There are so many products on the market that can address redness - here are some of the natural ingredients to look out for:
* Chestnut
* Willowherb
* Licorice
*Ginger
* Aloe Vera
* Turmeric
* Vitamin D
* Vitamin C 
Also - if you want to go the KBeauty route to address redness issues - see here for a great article from The Klog.
 
 
Claims
* effectively reduces the visibility of capillaries

 *lightens discolourations, restores a uniform colour and luster
 *enhances the flexibility of blood vessels, increases their resistance to cracking
 *reduces redness of the skin, prevents the formation of new “spider veins„
 *soothes, reduces skin sensitivity
 
Active Ingredients:
Lactobionic Acid  enhances repair mechanisms of the skin, reduces the appearance of dilated capillaries and redness tendency, evens skin tone, highly moisturises.

Troxerutin reduces the fragility of blood vessels, strengthens and protects them.

Chestnut  tightens the blood vessels walls, makes them more flexible and prevents them from cracking. Improves blood circulation, prevents irritation.

D-Panthenol soothes and has anti-inflammatory effect, hydrates and regenerates the skin, making it soft and elastic.

Vitamin C
increases the blood vessels walls mechanical resistance to cracking, keeps its proper construction. Restores skin colour and luster of the skin, reduces the tendency to discolouration.



Packaging
 
A small, dark brown plastic medicine type bottle with flip-top lid. Product is dispensed through the hole in the top.
 
 
 


Scent and Texture
 
An un-scented, clear, slightly viscous serum - the amount that comes out with one shake of the bottle is enough for your whole face or areas you want to treat.
 
Application
 
This is my ideal type of serum! Not too runny, easy to apply, sinks in really well and leaves your skin feeling hydrated. It's not at all tacky or sticky and absorbs very quickly, meaning that you can follow up with any other product soon afterwards.
 
I also found that it sits really well with other skincare products and doesn't pill or make other products pill. It's a great product for when you want to use several layers of different products in your routine.
 
There is absolutely no tingling - in fact, the reverse is quite true. It has a soothing and cooling sensation - probably above any other product that I've tried with soothing, calming or healing properties.
 
10/10 for application!
 
Thoughts
 
I started using this in the first week of January. I wasn't at all sure what to expect in terms of long-term results but the thing that struck me from first use was it's immediate relief-giving properties.
As mentioned above, it's what I would consider a perfect serum consistency and a pleasure and easy to apply and absorb. If this serum had general claims as a hydration and brightening serum - I would have believed those claims alone.
However, this serum is specifically targeted for reduction and control of the appearance of broken capillaries. Only laser treatment will actually remove capillaries so the best you can hope for with a skincare product is that it may reduce further damage and minimise the appearance of damage already caused.
 
Do I think this serum works well in that respect?
That's a big YES from me!
For immediate results, this serum definitely calms and soothes my skin and therefore redness does appear temporarily lessened. This is always going to be a bonus for me, especially for use before make up application.
But not only does it address the issues that it's intended for, I also noticed that as part of a brightening routine in the morning, this serum was instrumental in helping my skin have a bright, radiant, smoother and even skin-toned appearance.
I have used this every morning since buying it and will definitely continue to do so and re-purchase again and again.
 
What about longer term results?
It's almost been three months since I started using this and it's possible that I may notice further results after prolonged use. But I do feel that in that time I have seen some permanent (as well as immediate) positive results.
 
I spent most of the winter with a red nose due to environmental factors and as my nose is where the majority of the broken capillaries are on my face, it wasn't too clear what overall impact this serum might be having.
But now the weather is becoming warmer (or is supposed to be!) I have definitely noticed a huge improvement in the redness on my nose and also that the capillaries seem much smaller and possibly even slightly reduced in number and it's this improvement which has led me to confidently give this product a big thumbs up in terms of short-term and mid-term use.
 

Comments

  1. Hi! Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog.

    Also, I recommend you check out the Beautylux. They review the scientific efficacy of different skincare and makeup products. The Vitamin C Serum is best for skin but it does what moisturizers can’t do. It pulls the moisture from the air and keeps your pores open unlike moisturizers that cover your pores to keep the moisture you have on your skin already there. It’s oil free so it will not cause breakouts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review