ByBi - Custom Skincare Bundle


Recently when Latest in Beauty offered a discount for Bybi, it didn't take me long to pick a few items as Bybi is a brand that I've been curious about for a while now.

It was hard to pick just one, so I took advantage of the Bybi Custom Skincare bundle to get a good feel for the brand.
This deal consists of a choice of three products plus a very pretty large makeup bag (either crushed silver or crushed pale lilac).
By choosing the bundle, I saved 32% than if I were to buy each product separately.


I chose the Strawberry Booster, the Bakuchiol Booster and Babe Balm Bronze.
 I would have chosen the Blueberry Booster, which is a powerful protectant against blue light damage, but it was out of stock at time of ordering.



1% Bakuchiol & Olive Squalane

The product that caught my eye the most was the Bakuchiol Booster.
This natural ingredient has been heavily hyped recently with many brands offering their own Bakuchiol products.
Bakuchiol is a natural alternative to Retinol and is said to be far more gentle than Retinol so is ideal for people who suffer irritation or the 'Retinol flake' when using Retinol.
I'm not actually in that category. I've always used Ishtar Skinlights 2.5% Bioactive Retinol Serum and have never suffered a moment of irritation (read a full review here). 
And because I feel that I've found my Holy Grail with the Ishtar Retinol serum then I was curious, but not necessarily desperate to try out Bakuchiol.
However, when my Ishtar Retinol recently ran out, I thought this was a good opportunity for me to give Bakuchiol a spin.


The Bakuchiol Booster can be used as a booster with a couple of drops mixed in with your  moisturiser or can also be used on its own. I've opted to use a couple of the serum direct to my skin every other night - just as I would with my regular Retinol.
The Bakuchiol Booster has just two ingredients - Bakuchiol and Olive Squalane - and the minimum ingredients is something that's very appealing about choosing the Bybi serum as my introduction to Bakuchiol.
So the texture is like a light facial oil. If I were using this during the warmer months then I may opt to mix with some of my lighter moisturiser. However, at this time of year, my skin is happy with (and calls out for) the full power of oil!
It absorbs well but I can still feel a slightly oily residue on my skin for a couple of hours after applying, which is why this suits me better for evening use.

The slight residue has meant that sometimes I've forgotten to use a night cream or sleep mask over the top of the serum as I would usually do. When that's been the case I've noticed that my skin doesn't feel quite as hydrated in the morning, so although the Bakuchiol Booster gives a reasonably nourishing layer of hydration, my skin obviously does require something just a little bit extra. For information - my skin is usually combination/oily but slightly drier during the colder months.

So what the Bakuchiol Booster doesn't do for me is act as a replacement for a facial oil. However, what it does do for me is actually incredibly impressive. 

My impressions of the Bakuchiol Booster are really no more than first impressions as I haven't been using this for a long period in order to record or notice the benefits of long-term results. But the immediate and short-term results are really quite remarkable.

In brief:
* Great Value
* Just two ingredients
* Smells great
* Lightweight oil texture
* Does leave some residue
* Doesn't suffice instead of a facial oil
* Instant softness
* Lasting softness and brightening results


100% Cold Pressed Strawberry Seed Oil

This may have started off being a second choice but I've been pleasantly surprised by this facial oil.
A deep green coloured oil with the faintest sweet scent of strawberries. This is a deeply luxurious and nourishing oil which absorbs surprisingly well considering its density.
Again, minimal ingredients - in fact this is a one ingredient only product so you can be 100% sure that you're only putting pure goodness on your skin.



The Babe Balm Bronze is a highlighting balm. It's a combination of Bybi's iconic Babe Balm but mixed with mica powders to form a natural, shimmery highlighting balm. The balm has subtle rose gold, coppery tones.


Of the three items, I'm the least impressed with the Babe Balm Bronze. That's not to say I don't like it, but the bronzing effect is rather minimal. I'm feeling that I'll make better use of this during the summer when my skin is perhaps slightly tanned.



This custom bundle has been a great introduction to Bybi and it's a brand I'd definitely want to try more of their products.

Comments

  1. I remember I was so so excited to try Bybi products. Great to read, thanks for sharing . I also love that Bakuchiol has only a few ingredients in it and just a few drops at night works well for my dry skin xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its been a great introduction - and I really felt that I needed to see what all the fuss was about with Bakuchiol!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review