Mid-Year Makeup Inventory

This post might just seem like an episode of 'Hoarders'!
I've been very diligent with my skincare inventory, using up what I have instead of buying more (mostly!) but with makeup - I've not been as restrained!
Makeup is the first thing I'll go for if I'm feeling bored, fed-up or just because! There's such a happy (if not fleeting) feeling or pure, unadulterated joy when buying a couple of bits of makeup - but often it's swiftly followed by spending remorse!
 
Choosing a weekly makeup bag has really helped me keep an eye of what I have in my makeup stash. And I've actually de-cluttered a fair few items. But I've also added a fair few too.
 
Let's count the damage!
 
Primers/Setting Spray
 
 
Easing in gently here! These are all the primers I have and they were all from sets or beauty boxes. I did buy the e.l.f Setting Spray this year, but I haven't been wowed by it and I'm not convinced that I even need a setting spray.
Jan 2018 count: 4 Primers -  1 full size/ 3 mini (all de-cluttered)
June 2018 count: 3 mini primers/1 full size setting spray. There are also a couple of sample sachets of primers kicking about somewhere. These are all new since the beginning of the year.
 
Foundation/BB/CC Creams
 
 
Bought this year - Nars; It Cosmetics CC Cream, Erborian BB Cream. Also added the home-made cushion foundation. I estimate that by the end of the summer I'll have finished the Missha BB cream (if I can put down the It Cosmetics CC cream!).
Jan 2018 Count: 8 Full size
June 2018 Count: 10 Full size (5 foundations/2 cushion foundations/1 CC Cream/2 BB Creams).
 
Under-Eye and Other Concealers

 
It takes much longer than I thought to finish off a product even with daily use. Nearly six months to finish up the Inglot concealer - I'll try and work through the Maybelline Age Rewind next.
January 2018 count: 6 (5 Under-eye concealers)
June 2018 count: 6 (5 under-eye concealers/1 colour corrector) 
 
Powders
 
 
Again, even with consistent use, these powders are taking forever to use up - I've not even hit pan on the compacts! Just one added.
January 2018 Count: 4
June 2018 Count: 5
 
Blushers
 
 
Whoops! Definitely a category where I've accrued more.
January 2018 Count: 13
June 2018 Count: 17 ( 6 new during the first six months of this year!)
 
Contour
 
 
 
Keeping it fairly minimal in this category. The Makeup Revolution contour palette is really all I need. Exactly the same items as at the beginning of the year.
January 2018 Count: 3
June 2018 Count: 3
 
Highlighters
 
 
Aside from eye shadow palettes, this is the category where I have the most product. I did de-clutter a few 'out there' highlighters as I've decided that less is more at my age. But there have been some additions (competition win, beauty box, holiday buys).
January 2018 Count: 15
June 2018 Count: 18
 
Bronzers
 
 
I've purchased three more bronzers since the beginning of the year.
January 2018 Count: 2
June 2018 Count: 5
 
Mascara
 
De-cluttered a few but also added a few! After taking this photo I decided to dump the Benefit Bad Gal Bang - there's no point in holding onto a mascara that I detest!
I wish all mascaras came with the option of buying a smaller size though!
January 2018 Count: 6 (1 full size/5 minis)
June 2018 Count: 8 (3 full size/5 minis)
 
Eyes and Brows
 
 
I did buy a couple of items - the Maybelline blue kohl liner and the Makeup Revolution Brow Definer - but any other additions to this category have come from beauty boxes. I've hardly touched any of these i the past six months - apart from the brow definer which I use mostly every day. Brow products weren't counted back in January.
Eyeliners January 2018 Count: 5
Eyeliners June 2018 Count: 7
Brow Products: 2
 
Single Eye shadows
 
 
I think I've de-cluttered more than I've accrued in this category!
Single Eyeshadows January 2018 Count: 20
Single Eyeshadows June 2018 Count: 21
Doubles: Jan 2018 - 5 /June 2018 - 3
Eye Crayons/Roll-Ons: Jan 2018 - 2 / June 2018 - 3
Quads: Jan 2018 - 2/June 2018 - 2 (I do actually have another quad that I forgot to photograph!)
Trios: Jan 2018 - 2 /June 2018 - 0
 
Eye shadow Palettes
 
 
Another category where I de-cluttered several palettes but probably added as many new ones! I'm not even sure that this photo contains all of my palettes - I know I've probably got a few more kicking about somewhere!
January 2018 Count: 18
June 2018 Count: 20 (plus possibly more elsewhere!)
 
Lips
 
 
A bit of a lazy photo! These are all the lip products that I currently own.
Out of all the makeup categories, lipstick is the item that I wear the least. I don't think I've ever fully finished a lipstick - not even when I had much fewer. I managed to have picked up another 9 lip products in the first half of this year - although many of those were in Beauty Boxes or sent as free gifts/review products.
January 2018 Count: 39
June 2018 Count: 48
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review