Mei Botanics - First Impressions


Mei Botanics

Mei Botanics are a new natural vegan skincare brand, based in London, who launched last month.
They had some tempting opening offers at their launch, so I decided to try a few of their products.



Gentle Rhassoul Cleansing Oil

I've never tried a cleansing oil with clays in the ingredients.
This oil is suitable for all skin types, including oily and acne prone skin.
Shake the bottle before each use as the clay will settle to the bottom. Wet your face and then massage a small pool of all all over the face to remove dirt, impurities, makeup and spf. The oil very gently exfoliates the skin at the same time as giving you a deep cleanse.
I found that I could use this on my eyes without irritation, but remember, what may be okay for me, might not suit you!
I'm really enjoying this cleansing oil. It's scent-free but does have a natural scent of Lavender. I also love the texture of the oil and clay mixed together. It feels really silky and smooth on my skin but does have light exfoliation without any physical irritation. Brilliant stuff!

Ingredients
Helianthus annuus (sunflowr seed oil)* (high linoleic), Moroccan lava clay (Rhassoul), Illite (French green clay), bentonite clay, tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sambuca nigra (Elderflower) extract**, Lavandula augustifolia (Lavender) extract*
*Organic ingredients
**The Edlderflower is organic or foraged from local forests and fields, depending on the season.






Bakuchiol Rose Facial Oil

Although I already have far too many facial oils in my collection, I freely admit that I'm a face oil addict, and one glance at Mei Botanics facial oils and I was a goner!
Luckily for me, Mei offer two sizes, so I could buy the smaller 10ml size and feel less guilty about waste (as it takes me forever to get through 30ml).
I love the minimalist packaging against the maximalist texture and look of the oil. I personally love to see botanics in my products as well as just knowing that they're in the ingredients!

Bakuchiol is a natural alternative to retinol, and whilst I do use a dedicated Retinol serum in my routines, I'm never going to argue with a formulator if they add Bakuchiol into a product. I'll get what I can take, thank you!
Organic Damask Rose and wild cornflower is a fabulous blend to soothe and refresh sluggish and tired skin.
The oil has a delicate floral scent and is ideal for a relaxing night time facial massage.


Ingredients
Cannabis sative (hemp) seed oil*, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) oil*, Psorylea coryfolila (Bakuchiol) seed oil*, Boswellia neglecta (Frankincense) resin oil**, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) Oil**, 
Cymbopogon flexuosus (Lemongrass) oil **,Rosa Damascena (Rose Damask) petals*,Centaurea cyanus (Cornflower) petals*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

* Organic ingredients - the cornflower may be wild or foraged from local forests or fields, depending on the season.
** Contains limonene, linalool, geraniol, citranellol and citral plant compounds naturally present in essential oils.


Tsubaki Blue Facial Oil

Just look at those ingredients (see below) and you'll totally understand why I needed to try the Tsubaki Blue Facial Oil!
Again, a gorgeously presented product with botanics suspended in the oil.
Absolutely jammed full of anti-oxidants, this light and dry facial oil will soften and pep up fed-up skin.
Jasmine is infused into Tsubaki,Thistle and Maracuja Passionfruit - the molecular weight of the oil makes it near identical match for the skin. It's also rich in Vitamins C, A, B, D and E.
The oil is naturally scented with some of my favourite essential oils - wild Palo santo, German chamomile and French Lavender.
Light enough to use in the AM and nourishing enough to use in the PM.


Ingredients
Camellia japonica (Tsubaki) flower oil*, Carthamus tinctorius (Thistle) oil*, Passiflora edulis (Passionfruit) seed oil*, Chamomila rectutita (German chamomile) oil*, Lavendula augustifolia (French Lavender) oil*, Bursera graveolens (Wildcrafted Palo Santo) Oil, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) oil*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Jasmine sambac (Jasmine) flower petals.

* Organic ingredients
** Contains Limonene, Linalol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Citronellol and Citral, plant compounds found naturally occuring in essential oils.

I've been so impressed with this new brand - the products are beautiful and well-presented and I'm loving their ethics too. Dedicated to low waste, Mei Botanics offer a refill service on all of their products.
I can already tell that these products will become regulars in my routines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review