Akamuti - First Impessions





I recently discovered this brand through Skin Organics Beauty Box and loved the product I tried so much that I had to go back and pick up a couple more items.

Akamuti, a Welsh brand headed by Lindsey, hand craft natural skin, body and hair care products using only the best natural butters, oils, herbs, aromatic distillates, barks, resins and flowers. They have a strong environmental policy and ethical policies regarding animals and people.

The name Akamuti comes from the Bemba language of Zambia and has two meanings - 'Little Tree' and 'Little bit of medicine' and shows the important connection meaning trees and medicines. Akamuti stress that tree ingredients are vital in their products - essential for our health and also for the health of the planet.


Amazonian Murmuru Butter


This is the product that I received in the most recent Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box.
Murmuru Butter is a creamy yellow Brazilian tree butter and is full of Vitamin A.
Akamuti present it as a hair treatment as it's fabulous at retaining moisture, restoring natural sheen, improving the flexibility of your hair.
Best suited for dry and damaged hair and highly recommended for Afro-ethnic hair care.

How to use: Murumuru butter is solid at room temperature. Melt 1 teaspoon of murumuru and comb or massage through damp hair as a pre-wash conditioner.


As you can see, I've already made quite a dent in my pot of Murmuru Butter as I have been using it daily. 
To be honest, I've actually used it as a deep conditioning and softening treatment for my feet more than I've used it on my hair! It's absolutely gorgeous. It feels very silky on my feet and is fantastic for smoothing out hard and flaky patches of skin on my heels and soles.
This is a pot of pure murmuru butter with no extra added ingredients. It is scent-free although murmuru butter does have quite a strong natural nutty scent.
Texture-wise it's like a solid balm, so you need to scoop a small amount from the pot and let it melt in the palms of your hands before application.


Buttered Rose & Almond Hand Cream


I couldn't resist buying a pot of this Buttered Rose & Almond hand cream after reading a description of it.
This is a super luxuriously rich hand cream with a stunning scent. It combines roses, peach and plum and is scented with flower oils of rose and ylang ylang. 
I absolutely adore plum oil because of its almond scent and it always reminds me of Cherry Bakewell!



This is an exceptionally rich cream and is perhaps just a bit too rich for me to use in the daytime whilst I'm working as it does leave a slight creamy residue which I can't afford to transfer to papers I'm working with.
However, as a night hand treatment it's ideal for me.
With all the added hand-washing, my hands have become so dry and they're really starting to look older. Especially on the backs of my hands where my skin is starting to look a bit crepey
I pop this on before bed (I haven't done so yet but I'm thinking an extra thick layer with cotton gloves would be an intensive treat) and wake up with my hands in a much better condition - super soft, moisturised and without that dreaded crepiness!



Sweet Orange Cleansing Cream
£7.00 for 50ml

I generally prefer cleansing balms and oils to creams but the description of this Sweet Orange Cleansing Cream to good alluring to bypass.
Sweet Orange essential oil doesn't just smell delicious, it can also boost collagen production,is an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, and it helps to remove dead skin cells giving a brighter and glowing complexion. 
Geranium essential oil tackles inflammation and irritation and boosts blood flow. It also promotes elasticity and can help tighten the skin (yes please!).
This cleansing cream is packed with antioxidants and is super nourishing for the skin.



I was very pleasantly surprised at the texture of this cleanser. I was expecting a cream, but this goes way beyond your average cream. It's like a soft balm in texture which is dreamily creamy. I haven't actually tried a first cleanser with quite a texture like this - it's really something else. 
Not only does it smell divine, it feels divine too - such a sensuous cleanser which rates top marks on the 'joy scale' to use.
I do use a separate eye makeup remover beforehand, but I've experience absolutely no irritation when using this on my eye area.
Leave as a mask for 5 to 10 minutes for an extra pamper and then remove with a hot face cloth (it's non-emulsifying). Skin feels clean, fresh, plumped and smooth.

I've really loved all three of these Akamuti products and look forward to trying more from their extensive range of products. Great prices, great ethics, lovely packaging and beautiful products. A big win for me all round!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review