Natural Wisdom Spa - Blue Tranquility Balm



Natural Wisdom Spa - Blue Tranquility Balm

What is it?
An aromatherapeutic balm concentrate to cool, calm and soothe the skin. 
Is an excellent aftersun treatment which helps to restore and rebalance moisture levels in the skin.
Suitable for all skin types but particularly skin prone to redness, puffiness and dryness.

Ingredients
Butryspermum Parkii (shea) nut butter (raw food grade and organic),
Wild Harvested Nilotica Butter (cold pressed), Punica Granatum (pomegranate) seed extract, Amaranthus Caudatus (amaranth) seed extract, Blue Tansy Essential Oil, Chamomile Flower CO2 extract, Rosemarinus Officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract
*100% certified organic ingredient.


Packaging
I opted for the dark miron glass jar when I ordered my pot of balm. 
The balm is now only available in the stunning artisan-created cedarwood pots (see Natural Wisdom Spa to take a look). 

Scent and Texture
This is quite a solid set balm but does melt on contact with skin. Best to use with a tiny wooden spatula to scoop out the tiniest of amounts, to preserve the balm from external bacteria which can be transferred on your fingers.
The scent is unmistakable the sweet and herby signature of Blue Tansy.


Application
Can be used on either clean dry skin or wet skin.
Apply to any areas which need some extra attention, including face. 
Take a tiny scoop as this balm does go a long way. It melts on contact with warm skin.


Thoughts
Because I bought this pot of Blue Tranquility Balm at the end of 2018, it came from a batch of ingredients which gives it this tremendous blue colouring. 
The current batch of balm from October 2019 has a lovely sea green colour and the name has been tweaked slightly to Organic Blue Tansy Balm Concentrate. Obviously, slight changes in different batches of organic natural ingredients are going to vary slightly - you wouldn't expect nature to look homogenous, so therefore, each batch of a product will be uniquely different too!

Blue Tansy is one of my favourite natural ingredients because of its incredibly healing properties.
I also love the unique scent of Blue Tansy. Always hard to describe as it's a scent unlike any other - slightly herbal, earthy and sweet. I can imagine that this could be quite a polarising scent, but I happen to love it and always associate it with healing.

I always like to put multi-tasking balms to the test and see in how many ways I can use them. These kinds of balms are often just slightly too rich to be used on the face, but with the Blue Tranquility Balm, it's light enough for me to use a thin layer on my face as the last step in my evening routine. I like to go to sleep feeling soothed by the scent and also to let the balm repair and nourish my skin overnight as I sleep. Interesting to see that it has fully absorbed into my skin and left it pump and revitalised by the next morning.

But mostly I utilise this balm on any areas of my body that is crying out for a little extra care. I have one particularly stubborn patch of eczema on my wrist. This can sometimes get so dry that the skin cracks and becomes really sore, even going so far as to bleed at its worst. I keep the Blue Tranquility Balm on my desk and apply this balm to this irritated patch several times a day. 
Now I've tried several different balms and ointments on this patch of eczema - including over the counter eczema creams, with varying success. Usually, the best I can hope for is to keep the area moisturised enough to stop it becoming too cracked, red and painful.
But after a couple of weeks after switching to using the Blue Tranquility Balm on that area I noticed that my stubborn eczema patch had calmed considerably. It was no longer red and angry and painful to the touch. And in fact, as I write this, the area is hardly visible - just a rough, slightly raised patch remains if I run my fingers over the area. It's really quite incredible the speed in which this has diminished so considerably!

So for that reason alone, I would highly rate and recommend the Blue Tranquility Balm. But to me, it feels like a real experience to own a glass pot of this balm as it really is an exceptionally special and extraordinary balm - quite unlike anything I've ever tried.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review