Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

 
Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation
£12.99 at Superdrug BUY HERE
 
I'd never heard of Flower Beauty before, let alone that it was a cruelty-free makeup range by Drew Barrymore. And I'll be honest, I bought it because I liked the look and sound of it!
It took a while to get my hands on some too. Superdrug announced that they would be stocking the brand, although it must be available only in the bigger stores as it's not yet reached Norwich and I had to buy this online - completely without testing it first or even being sure about a colour match.
 
The shade I opted for, 'Nude', was unavailable for ages online but as soon as I got the notification email that it was back in stock, I ordered right away.
 
I'm not generally keen on buying foundations online without having first at least gotten a colour match - usually, this spells disaster and a product that I end up discarding quite quickly. But I struck gold with choosing the 'Nude' shade - it matched my skin tone perfectly. And the gamble paid off buying this 'blind' - as this is an absolutely fantastic foundation.
However, I couldn't help but notice that it's a very limited shade range - there are only five shades available online at Superdrug.
 
 
 
 First impressions:

Although it really shouldn't be a major consideration when making a buying choice - I am really loving the packaging and branding of this foundation. It's a heftily weighted glass bottle with that pretty rose-gold branding on the lid which makes it look and feel like a much higher-end product.

And on to the foundation itself.
It has a medium-density, almost matte consistency which belies the lightness of the product. It's incredibly easy to apply - I have tried applying this in several ways - with my fingers and then blended out and softened with a damp beauty blender and also with a densely packed paddle makeup brush. I prefer applying it with my fingers as I feel that I have the most control applying it in this way. I've noticed that it initially cakes a bit around my eyebrows, but after going over with a damp beauty blender then this is quickly rectified.



The first thing you feel is just how lightweight and breathable this foundation is. Despite it's medium coverage, it manages to look incredibly natural at the same time as evening out my complexion - both texture-wise and skin tone.

I think the absolute selling point for me though is that it manages to catch the light perfectly and gives my skin and incredibly healthy, radiant look without appearing too shiny. I wouldn't actually call this dewy, as for me personally, that kind of implies a slight shine and this foundation gives you a healthy 'lit from within' look.

I've tried this with and without primer. I'm not a fan of primer as I really don't like too many layers - after a many-layered skincare routine, I just don't want to feel that I need to add yet more to create a good base for makeup. But, this does work better after using a primer for me. Without a primer, I notice that it can settle in my pores, which makes this look less natural.

However, I haven't needed to use a powder over the top, either directly after application or later on in the day, which is when I would usually need a powder touch-up when the shine starts to kick in!


I'm impressed by the lasting power of this foundation also. No touch-up needed after several hours of wear and it doesn't break down either.
With the added bonus of a broad spectrum SPF18, the Flower Beauty Light Illusion Foundation has been a fabulous discovery this year.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Thyme Out Review