Krave Beauty - Matcha Hemp Cleanser Review


Krave - Matcha Hemp Cleanser

What is it?

An antioxidant cleanser that doesn’t mess up your skin barrier, lifting everything your skin doesn't want while leaving what it needs: healthy pH, hydration, antioxidants and no irritation.Matcha and hemp seeds are here to boost the skin’s intake of antioxidants and essential fatty acids. It will wash off the nasties but won't strip your skin of any moisture. {source}

Ingredients

Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water, Water, Glycerin, Coco-Betaine, Methyl Gluceth-10, Ethoxydiglycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Methylpropanediol, Sodium Chloride, Butoxydiglycol, Diglycerin, Glycereth-26, Xanthan Gum, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Diethoxydiglycol, Coco-Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Decyl Glucoside, Pentylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Butylene Glycol, Octanediol, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium PCA, Disodium EDTA
* Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser contains 40% of Matcha and is formulated with pH of 5.0-6.0 (pH may vary by batch).


Scent and Texture

The cleanser has a nice set gel texture with an amber colour. There's no real discernible scent but something about the scent of this cleanser really reminds me of the liquid hand wash that they used to use in my primary school from way back in the 1970s!


Application

Can be used in both morning and evening skincare routines. Apply to damp face and neck and massage in using circular motions.Rinse with lukewarm water.
It is advisable to avoid the eye area (although I've personally not encountered any irritation when I've used it on my eye area).


Thoughts

This cleanser had such a buzz around it when it was first released with consistently great reviews. Trouble was, it hasn't been available to buy in the UK until recently. Timeless UK is the first UK online store to stock it and sell it in the UK.

In my search for the perfect second cleanser, the Krave Matcha Hemp cleanser was at the top of my wish list - so, does it live up to the hype?

The Matcha Hemp Cleanser contains a whopping 40% of Matcha, which is considered to be one of the most antioxidant dense sources available. Hemp Seed Oil is high in essential amino acids and high in linoleic acid. It's high in anti-bacterial properties which helps to relieve irritated and sensitive skin issues. Coco-betaine, Coco glucoside and Decyl glucoside are mild and gentle cleansing agents which are gentle on the skin and won't compromise the skin's barrier. And finally, Vitamin B5 and Sodium PCA are skin barrier strengtheners which replenish hydration.

It ticks all the boxes for what I was looking for in a second cleanser:
* Low PH
* No (or low) foam
* Non-drying
* Suitable for use on the eyes (even though this is not advised - so be aware - YMMV)
* Gentle gel texture
* Superlative ingredients 

Sounds pretty perfect, right? 
It does everything I need it to do and is gentle enough to use every day without feeling the need to play switcheroo with my second cleanser. No-nonsense and no-frills.
There may come a day when I don't feel the need to be constantly searching for products with that extra little bit of pizazz and sparkle, but that day hasn't arrived yet and I just can't quell that tiny bit of disappointment that the Matcha Hemp Cleanser doesn't hugely excite me.

Mea culpa - I'm clearly too demanding in my search for 'a little bit extra', but I'll hold my hands up and say to this cleanser "It's not you - it's me!"
I would repurchase it again as it's clearly very effective and very good at its job. But for me, it's just not 'the one'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review