Unboxing - Love Lula Beauty Box October 2019

Love Lula Box delivery day again.
This seemed to come around quickly - this year is just flying by!


The Love Lula Beauty Box is available as a one-off box for £19.95, or on a rolling monthly plan for £14.95 - both of these prices are inclusive of postage and packaging. Other subscription plans are available - Subscribe HERE.


The October box featured three full sized products, one deluxe travel size and one sample sachet. Total value is £59.00.
There's also a 25% off discount code which can be redeemed at Love Lula against any products from the brands featured in this month's box.

I hate to admit it, but I felt less than excited by this month's box.
I didn't feel particularly eager to get stuck into any one of the products. In fact the one that most appeals is the sample sachet.
I think this can be one of the problems of being a subscriber to a beauty box. On the one hand, it's the greatest feeling of excitement to receive a box of products through the post every month (especially when you don't know what's going to be featured). BUT, if you already have an overloaded stash of unopened products, it can feel slightly overwhelming and just plain 'wrong' to be adding to that hoard every month.


Seascape Island Apothecary - Uplift Body Lotion (300ml)

I haven't been a subscriber to the Love Lula Box for too long and already, this is the second Seascape Island Apothecary product to be featured. It's a generous 300ml size and to give it its due, it does read as a nice product. Scented with Eucalyptus, Lime and Lavender, this body lotion is ideally named as these sound like an incredibly uplifting scent combination.
However, I shall be immediately gifting this to my mum (she really liked the last Seascape Island Apothecary inclusion too!) I just have far too many unopened body lotions in my stash to add this to it.


Dr Botanicals - Cocoa & Coconut Superfood Reviving Hydrating Mask (30ml)

Sadly for me, Dr Botanicals is another brand that I'm not really invested in. I've always felt a bit indifferent to the products I've tried in the main. Although not the full size product, this 30ml size is a generous helping. From their 'Apothecary' range, this mask is said to hydrate, revive and nourish tired looking skin. This is another product I'll be passing on rather than adding to my over-flowing mask collection.


Laidbare - Pack Your Bags - Lighten & Tighten Eye Cream (30ml)

I've not had much luck recently with eye creams and again, my stash is full of half-tried and unopened eye creams. But, saying that, I would like to give this eye cream a chance. Containing Buckwheat Wax which apparently helps reduce puffiness and dark circles; Shea Butter to hydrate and Eyebright to reduce redness and brighten the skin.
These promises alone are enough to make me want to try this out as my eyes are looking dreadful at the moment through a long period of disturbed sleep. Will follow up with a review in due course.


Balmonds - Intensive Facial Oil (30ml)

 The inclusion of the Balmonds (formerly known as Pure Potions) Intensive Facial Oil is definitely a highlight in this month's box. At any other time I would have been delighted to try out this blend of Rosehip, Lavender, Palmarosa and Roman Chamomile oils. Unfortunately, I just have far too many opened facial oils in my stash and they take the longest time to get through so I would feel guilty about this one expiring before I even got round to trying it. So I will be passing this one on too.


Mossa - Glow Cocktail Serum (Sample)

For the first time since I've been subscribing to this box, there were no Madara products included! Well, almost not, as Mossa is a sister brand to Madara.
This is actually the product that I'm most excited to try. 
Mossa's tagline is 'Nordic Berry Energy' which has me intrigued from the get-go! 
This Glow Cocktail Serum is an illuminating Anti-Pigmentation serum formulated with vitamin C-rich Nordic cloudberry and quince, promoting a brighter and smoother complexion.
I think I may well use my discount code to try something else by Mossa!


I feel like I've been a bit of a misery guts with this un-boxing! But when the box is full of products that I personally already have plenty of in back-up, then the guilt of consumerism kicks in and outweighs the joy of new products to discover.
It's still a great value box, and covers a lot of skincare staples, so looking at this month's box, it is a good box - just not for me this month sadly.

Comments

  1. Really nice to see this beautiful gift box and all the products are looking genuine. best organic oils and serums

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review