July 2019 Monthly Favourites



July has been a month for discovery - mostly in mini form as there have been some impossible-to-miss 'try it' sample offers.


Aurelia Probiotic Skincare
Mini 3 Step Starter Kit

This fantastic mini starter set was on offer for just £5. I have tried to find the link, but sadly, I think this offer has finished now.
This mini set comprised a 5ml Miracle Cleanser; 5ml Cell Revitalise Day Moisturiser; 5ml Cell Revitalise Night Moisturiser; 2ml Revitalise & Glow Serum and a cotton face cloth.
It was a great chance to be able to try out these products from a well-loved brand. I really enjoyed the Miracle Cleanser, but it is highly perfumed, so wasn't suitable for eye makeup removal. Also, the dinky little 2ml serum bottle had it's own metal roller ball application, but I found it very hard to actually get much product out so the ball felt like it was dragging on my skin. I enjoyed the moisturisers the most. They're very rich and creamy but don't feel heavy or greasy on the skin and the scent is just divine!



Elemis - Pro Collagen Rose Cleansing Balm (20g)

The classic Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm is one of my all time favourite cleansing balms and when Elemis released the Rose version a while ago now, it had been on my wish-list to try.
I finally got the chance when I saw an offer for a 20g pot of the Rose Cleansing Balm, plus mini flannel for just £5.00. Again, unfortunately, this offer has since expired.
The Rose scent is quite strong so if you love Rose, this will be right up your street (as it is mine). I'm not sure if I prefer this over the original Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm, but I was very happy to be able to try it out. Also, I found the mini flannel that came with the sample has been one of my favourite flannels from a brand. It has just the right balance of soft versus rough (if you know what I mean!) for a perfect accompaniment to the cleanser.




Angel Face Mineral Cosmetics

Another offer I couldn't pass up! These gorgeous card tube samples from Angel Face Mineral Cosmetics were just £2.00 each. And the good news? They are still available at that price!
I picked up a sample of Mineral Foundation, the Mineral Illuminator and a sample of the Mineral Blusher.
As well as making really gorgeous makeup, Angel Face Mineral Cosmetics packaging is all recyclable and they offer refills of all of their products. I'm looking forward to trying more from this brand.



I personally, would be really happy if all makeup came in mini form! It takes me so long to use up makeup - even the minis can last for ages.
Cult Beauty have a fantastic range of mini products, so I decided to treat myself to a couple of pieces that caught my eye.
The Natasha Denona Blush & Glow mini palette might be small but it's a work of art in miniature. Such a gorgeous gold coloured case, solid and good quality with a mirror in the lid. Both the highlighter and the blusher are absolutely stunning. This is a real joy to own!
I had a little problem with the Milk Makeup Mini Lip + Cheek as it was delivered during one of the hottest days of the year and upon opening was a melted oogy mess! Cult Beauty actually refunded me within 24 hours, which I thought was excellent customer service - especially considering that the heatwave was out of their control. I'm still able to use this product (which is fab by the way!) but it just doesn't look too pretty!



It's not often I pick up one of the Latest in Beauty curated boxes, but the Style Summer Essentials Box was just too exciting to pass by. So many great brands and products that I've wanted to try out. I reviewed the box here, but below are my two favourites from the box.

Suqqu - Designing  Color Eyes
#5 Aoshizuku

This palette alone retails for £46, so covered the entire cost of the Style Summer Essentials Box. I've been wanting to try Suqqu makeup, but it's just above my price range, so this is a great way to try.
The Aoshizuku quad is just stunning. I love all the shades and they blend well to create some really fab eye looks. The shadows are really pigmented, buttery soft and have a good long-lasting wear. My only gripe was that all the shades were shimmery and I prefer a mix of mattes and shimmers.

Mac - Powder Kiss Lipstick in 'Sultry Move'

It's often the case that when you receive a lipstick in a beauty box that it's in a shade you wouldn't normally wear. Not so with 'Sultry Move' - this is exactly the shade I would have picked for myself. It's a gorgeous everyday pinky-nude. So creamy and comfortable to wear. This is the only Mac lipstick I currently own, but I'm loving this so much that I may just have to add some more to my collection!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review