Unboxing ~ Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box June 2019

The June Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box continues on from last month's 'Glow' box bringing us all things bright and beautiful with the theme 'Luminosity'.



The Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box is a monthly subscription service offering a selection of five full/deluxe sample sized natural beauty, skincare and makeup products. 
100% natural, organic, non-toxic, eco-friendly, cruelty free, ethically sourced and often from up and coming British Indie Natural Beauty brands, the products chosen are free from Parabens, Petrochemicals, PEGs (petroleum-based compounds), silicones, Sodium Laureth or Lauryl Sulphate, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol , Synthetic Colours and Fragrances, Triclosan,  Formaldehyde, Toulene, Benzophenone/PABA, Petroleum/Mineral oil, Alcohol, Urea, PEG, PG/BG, Dioxin, Aluminium, DEET, Camphor, Talc and Carmine.

A monthly subscription costs £28.00 (Month to Month) BUY HERE
You can also subscribe by 3 Month Pre-pay for £78.00 or opt for the Vegan Friendly Box (also £28 on a Month to Month basis).

The July 2019 box will be the last monthly box - after that, the boxes will continue on a bi-monthly basis.

What's in the box?


An exciting mix of skincare and body care products from five brands I've not tried before.


PHB Ethical Beauty - Skin Brightener
RRP £25.00

This was this month's sneak peak item. But I was personally in two minds about this particular product. It sounded like an absolutely stellar product but one of the main ingredients is Aloe Vera which I have sensitivity issues with, so I was worried that this wouldn't suit my skin.
The Brightening Bio-Gel targets issues such as Rosacea, dark spots and uneven skin tone. The formulation includes Aloe Vera to cool & soothe skin, improves hydration barrier and reduces discolouration. Neroli targets dark spots and combats dullness. Immortelle contains powerful regenerative properties for brighter and more even skin. Whilst Licorice targets melanin production, helping to reduce and prevent the appearance of pigmentation.
Sounds pretty amazing, right?
I've used this a couple of times now but unfortunately I can already tell that my skin is not happy with the level of Aloe Vera in the ingredients and so I'm sadly going to have to admit defeat and give this one up. Which is a huge shame as it's exactly the type of product that I would choose to have in my routines.


Bramley - Energising Body Wash
RRP £4.00

This is a brand I've not heard of before and I'm always excited to see and try out completely new-to-me brands.
The Energising Body Wash is absolutely gorgeous! Containing 100% natural botanicals and scented using Grapefruit, Lavender and Sweet Orange essential oils, this is ideal for a daily 'pick-me-up' shower gel.
The amount of lather produced is brilliant - you only need a small amount of the wash to get a really great creamy lather going, so this will last a good amount of time.
I definitely need to go and check out their other products as I'm totally besotted with this one.

Bumi Naturals - Face Polish - Juniperberry, Sage, Hemp & Volcanish Ash
RRP £13.00

Bumi Naturals is a brand that I heard about a few months ago and have been on my 'would like to try' list.
The Face Polish is formulated with fine bamboo and volcanic ash to exfoliate and eliminate dirt and dead skin. Hemp Oil lessens abrasiveness and leaves your skin soft. Juniperberry and Sage essential oils are chosen for their antiseptic properties and calming aromatherapy benefits


The Face Polish has a lovely light pistachio green colour and an earthy but sweet scent.
You only need a thumbnail size scoop of product - apply to wet skin, focusing on the oily areas of your skin. Avoid the delicate eye area.


34.4 Skincare - Honey Balm
RRP £5.00

Another completely new-to-me brand and one that I'm looking forward to getting to know better. 34.4 Skincare is named for the 3.44% from every sale that is donated to The Natural Beekeeping Trust, which promotes bee awareness. You can read more about the brand and their work here.
I've come across so many bee-friendly brands this year and I'm really happy that they seem to be growing in popularity and therefore bringing bee awareness to a much wider audience.


As for the honey balm... it contains no essential oils, no emulsifier and so is ideal for sensitive, allergy-prone skin. The balm contains just the incredibly pure and natural ingredients of beeswax, honey and apricot kernel oil.
This is a beautiful, silky balm and applying this feels like receiving a kiss from nature. I instantly knew that this balm would be perfect for a never-fading patch of eczema that I have on my wrist. I've given up hope of it ever going away but at least I can treat it the best I can, and this balm instantly soothed, calmed and moisturised the area. I'll be keeping this on my desk so I can apply it as needed. Also makes for a sumptuous, silky lip balm too or wherever your skin needs a little extra tender care and pampering.


Kurly Sue - Luxury Whip Butter Cream
RRP £8.00

Another brand who I've had my eye on for a couple of months. Kurly Sue are a small-batch brand from Surrey. Their products are plant-based, organic and natural, cruelty free and vegan. I'm new to whipped body butters - my first ever was actually from a previous Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box and I fell head over heels for it! So I was super excited to see the inclusion of a whipped body cream.


But this is no ordinary whipped body cream. This is a truly multi-tasking product. It can be used on both body and hair. The idea of using a butter cream on my hair is really appealing. And I'm all about new experiences in my beauty routines! I shall report back when I've had the chance to get a good feel for what this product can do.


Yet another fabulous monthly box. I love that when I have brands on my 'to try' list they often magically appear in the next Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box. Paula always brings us new and exciting brands and this box is certainly no exception to that.

Comments

  1. All the products look nice! Need to check out the Honey Balm, Face Polish and Body Butter!!!
    Nice to see each of them in detail :)
    Xx
    Manon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you subscribe to this box Manon? It's definitely my favourite subscription box - every month is always so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review