Unboxing ~ Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box May 2019

It's looking like Summer is truly starting to make an appearance, so what better way to welcome all of those delicious rays than with a sun salutation in the form of this month's Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box with the theme GLOW.
 
 
The Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box is a monthly subscription service offering a selection of five full/deluxe sample sized natural beauty, skincare and makeup products. 
100% natural, organic, non-toxic, eco-friendly, cruelty free, ethically sourced and often from up and coming British Indie Natural Beauty brands, the products chosen are free from Parabens, Petrochemicals, PEGs (petroleum-based compounds), silicones, Sodium Laureth or Lauryl Sulphate, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol , Synthetic Colours and Fragrances, Triclosan,  Formaldehyde, Toulene, Benzophenone/PABA, Petroleum/Mineral oil, Alcohol, Urea, PEG, PG/BG, Dioxin, Aluminium, DEET, Camphor, Talc and Carmine.

A monthly subscription costs £28.00 (Month to Month) BUY HERE
You can also subscribe by 3 Month Pre-pay for £78.00 or opt for the Vegan Friendly Box (also £28 on a Month to Month basis).

Let's take a closer look:

 
Five full sized products that will help you get your glow on!
Three entirely new-to-me brands and a couple of brands that I've been wanting to try out.
There's also a great Scandi vibe to this month's box with two Danish brands making their debut appearance.
 
 
JorGobe - Hydrating Glow Serum
RRP £34.00
 This was this month's sneak peak item and so far, my favourite item in the box.
Jorgobe are an award winning Danish brand whose products contain no artificial colours, parabens, mineral oils or silicone. The Hydrating Glow serum is suitable for Vegans.
 
 
It's like the sun leaps out at you as soon as you open this bottle to reveal this gorgeous rose gold coloured serum.

 
With a combination of botanical oils and a high concentration of essential fatty acids, strong antioxidants and powerful vitamins this serum is sure to bring you a healthy, happy dose of glowing radiance in your morning routine.
Beautifully lightweight and ultra hydrating, this serum has a delicious minty herbal scent.
This makes a fantastic pairing with my morning Vitamin C serum. I'm absolutely loving this serum so far!
 
 
Grums - 2-in-1 Raw Coffee Hand Scrub & Wash
RRP £14.00
 Another Danish brand which absolutely delights me as I'm a complete Scandiphile!
The Grums Raw Coffee Hand Scrub is made with recycled organic drip brewed coffee grounds. I'd love to visit Denmark some time in the future but at least when using this I can imagine sitting in a hipster coffee house in Aarhus!
And if you are in Denmark or Sweden, Grum offer a 'Return to Earn' service where you can return your empty packaging to a Grums retailer for a 10% discount off your next purchase. The packaging is also made from a plant-based plastic.

 
I'm generally not hugely enamoured by products that contain coffee as an exfoliator as they're usually so messy! And this scrub is certainly jam-packed full of grounds.

 
But, in this instance I'm going to turn a blind eye as the grounds clog up my plug hole because this hand scrub is pretty amazing. It lathers up into a creamy yet scrubby wash and leaves my hands super soft, even-toned and looking at least ten years younger.
Damn fine coffee!
 
 
Bowe Organics - Lip Balm
RRP £6.00
I've heard lots of great things about Bowe Organics but have yet to try anything from this brand. Bowe Organics was founded by Diane Bowe, a freelance hairdresser from London who started to formulate her own products after using organic colours and products for her hairdressing back in 2012.
There are currently just two products in the range - the lash oil and the lip balm.
 

 
The Lip Rescue Balm contains Raspberry Seed Oil which is known for its anti-aging properties, Shea and Cocoa Butter to protect and hydrate and Almond Oil to rejuvenate.
It's a gorgeous lightweight and silky balm which will keep my lips puckered ready to pout rather than puckered with wrinkles!
 
 
Avocadeau - Facial Cleansing Bar
RRP £5.00
 A completely new-to-me brand. Avocadeau is the first skincare brand based entirely on avocado. Based in Hertfordshire, all Avocadeau's products are handmade, cruelty free and free from parabens and sodium sulfates.

 
As soon as I left this in the bathroom, other members of my family tried to claim it as their own! We've been loving this creamy cleansing bar, which also doubles up as a body wash. This gentle soap contains Avocado Oil and Olive Oil. It's rich in Oleic acid which helps hydrate and moisturise skin. It's also great for sensitive skin and can calm irritation and reduce redness.
It's a great way to introduce plastic-free packaging into the family bathroom too.
 
 
 
Lily Lolo - Natural Lipstick - Scarlet Red
RRP £9.50
 I think this was the product that I was most excited to see this month. I've heard so much about Lily Lolo but have never tried any of their products so far. 
Lily Lolo offer a comprehensive range of mineral makeup and brushes. The products are free from parabens and phthalates, synthetic perfumes and dyes and are certified cruelty free too.

 
The shade is actually a bit pinker than I thought it would be, but actually I'm finding that this is ideal for me. Great for a pop of colour, but not so bold as to be too difficult to carry off!

 
 This is exactly what I dream about in a lipstick formulation. It's super creamy, applies really well and feels incredibly natural and comfortable on my lips. I find a lot of lipsticks are either too drying or too sticky. This lipstick has that perfect balance and I can feel that it's hydrating my lips as I wear it. It fades uniformly too, so you're not left with a clown-ish bold outline around my lips!
 
 
This was another winning box from Skin Organics Clean Beauty. Every single product is eminently usable - in fact, most are being used daily already.
 I'm also loving the simple, monochrome aesthetic of this month's products. Thank you Paula for yet another thoughtfully curated box full of exciting new treats.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review