Ishtar Skinlights - Cleansing Clay Review


Ishtar Skinlights - Cleansing Clay
£13.00 for 100g BUY HERE
 
What is it?
A powder cleanser suitable for combination/oily skin. Contains low foam cleansing agents; Kaolin Clay, Coconut and Honey for skin softening and purification; Pineapple extract is a fantastic source of natural fruit enzymes and AHA; Marshmallow Root Extract and White Willow Bark soothe and clarify and White Grapefruit and Bergamot to give a beautiful natural scent.
The Clay-to-Milk Cleansing Powder is suitable for vegetarians. It is not tested on animals and is free from SLS, parabens, silicones and mineral oils.
 
Ingredients:
Kaolin Clay, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Pineapple Fruit Powder, Honey, Coconut extract, White willow bark extract, marshmallow root extract, Organic Bergamot Essential Oil, Organic White Grapefruit Essential Oil.

 
 
 
Scent and Texture:
When dry the cleansing clay looks and feel like a clay mask mix - pale grey in colour but quite fine in texture. Has a lovely fresh citrus sherbet scent.
When water is added, the clay turns to a soft milky texture (see above).
 
Application:
Mix a level teaspoon of cleansing powder with approx 2 teaspoons of warm water in the palm of your hand. Massage the milk into your face. Rinse away with warm water and a face cloth. Suitable as a morning or evening cleanser.
 
 
 
Thoughts:
This review has been a long time coming! I've had this in my stash for quite some time now - it's really lasted well as a little goes a long way.
Although this cleansing clay is suitable for daily use, I will only use it a couple of times a week because I'm terrified of over-exfoliation as I have broken capillaries and I really don't want to aggravate them or make them worse!
 
But in saying that, this is such a gentle exfoliating cleanser. When mixed with water, the clay powder turns to milk so there's actually very little in the way of granular exfoliation. In fact, sometimes I do add less than the recommended two teaspoons of water so that the powder is a little more granular on application so I can get a light scrub - adding further water to turn it more milky before rinsing off. The natural exfoliating properties of the clay come from the pineapple extract with it's natural fruit enzymes and AHAs.
 
With the addition of kaolin clay, honey and coconut, the mix is incredibly gentle and completely non-drying. After rinsing off, my face feels really soft and looks clean and fresh. There is a noticeable soft-focus mattifying effect to my skin too.
 
I prefer this as a morning cleanse. As mentioned, my skin looks quite mattified after use and pores appear reduced so it is a great base before makeup. I also feel like it 'sets my skin up' better to receive any serums or actives in my morning skincare routine. It just feels like they are better absorbed after using this.
 
If I had to pick one negative, it would be that it's slightly more of a messy morning cleanse. Or, in all honesty, I make it a slightly more messy cleansing experience!
But that's certainly no reason to discount this as a cleanser. This is the first powder cleanser I've ever tried and the teensy bit of extra effort required is certainly worth it for the results - deep cleansing, super softening, mattifying and non-drying. Ticks all the boxes of a great cleanser!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review