Evy Technology ~ Daily UV Face Mousse SPF 30 ~ Review


 
Evy Technology Daily UV Face Mousse 30 SPF
£25.00 (inclusive of P+P) for 75ml BUY HERE

What is it?
A daily sunscreen /pollution defence with SPF 30 in mousse form. It contains hyaluronic acid, collagen, vitamins C and E, and allantoin, all of which counter damage caused by the sun. The EVY Daily UV Face Mousse provides a very long-lasting (up to 6 hours) and high level of protection against the deeply penetrating UVA rays, which is important for sensitive skin and those who wish to avoid premature ageing. The formula helps even out and prevent pigmentation spots.
 
Ingredients:
AQUA. BUTANE. PROPYLENE GLYCOL. OCTOCRYLENE. ETHYLHEXYL ISONONANOATE. STEARIC ACID. DIETHYLAMINO HYDROXYBENZOYL HEXYL BENZOATE. PALMITIC ACID. ISOBUTANE. BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE. VP/ HEXADECENE COPOLYMER. DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL. PVP. POLYSORBATE 20. ETHYLHEXYL TRIAZONE. TRIETHANOLAMINE. BIS-ETHYLHEXYLOXYPHENOL METHOXYPHENYL TRIAZINE. SODIUM HYALURONATE. SODIUM PALMITOYL PROLINE. CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE. DIMETHICONE. NYMPHAEA ALBA FLOWER EXTRACT. HYDROLYZED SILK. GLYCERIN. ALLANTOIN. PROPANE. TOCOPHERYL ACETATE. HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN. SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE. BUTYLENE GLYCOL. TETRASODIUM GLUTAMATE DIACETATE.
 
 
 
 
Application: 
Apply your normal skincare products and allow to sink in
  • Shake the Evy bottle well and hold upside down. A golf ball size amount of Evy Daily Face is enough for the face and neck
  • Rub into face and allow to sink in. Should be non-sticky after 10 mins.  if not, you’ve applied too much and the excess can be rinsed off with water.


  •  A word of warning - don't be tempted to press the nozzle as if you were adding squirty cream to a hot chocolate - that way lies wastage! It took me a couple of goes to dispense the right amount (a golf ball size of product) after several wilful squirts (because it is kinda fun!). Just a gentle press is all that is required - this stuff goes a long way and you don't want to waste a precious drop.
     
    Scent and Texture:
    Fragrance free. There's no discernible scent at all.
    As for texture - I thought that photos could show this better than any description!
     
     
    So much fun in the sun! A gentle squirt gives you a golf ball sized amount of product.
    The dense foam is solid enough to hold its shape but is bouncy to the touch.

     
    You can see how the impression of my fingers stays in the mousse - hope this gives you an idea of the dispersed texture.

     
    When you start to rub it into your skin, you can see that it starts to break down and resembles shaving foam.

     
    This is where I would start rubbing it onto my face at the stage it becomes more liquid.

     
    All rubbed in! No white cast, no greasy residue. If you have ten minutes spare before you apply makeup, this gives the product time to fully absorb. Although, in my experience - I don't feel that I needed a full ten minutes to let it absorb.
     
    Thoughts:

    If you are a Skinstagrammer, then, like me, it may have been drummed into you that 50 SPF is the only compromise with your daily sun protection. I'm not going to even attempt to give you scientific statistics but there's a brilliant informative article from Victoria Health which explains that 50 SPF actually only gives you one to two percent more protection than 30 SPF.   
    I personally intend to use my Evy Daily UV Face Mousse during Spring, Autumn and Winter and go back to my regular Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence (SPF 50) during summer. Again, and I stress, there is no scientific reasoning behind this personal choice, it's just what feels right for me.

    I usually buy my sunscreen from either Japan or South Korea as, so far, I've always found them to be far superior to western sun protection. But I kept seeing this Evy Technology pop up all over Instagram, and curiosity got the better of me and I had to try it!

    I'm so glad I did!



    I have to start by mentioning the mousse texture! It's brilliant and a lot of fun!
    It did take me a while to get the hang of dispersing the right amount. At first I was pressing the dispenser too hard and didn't realise just how much the foam would grow!

    This applies so well. Much better and more easily than I imagined. There is an initial white cast as you start to rub it in, but this dissipates very quickly. The cream is very lightweight and incredibly moisturising (if I use an oil-based serum before this then I will forgo a moisturiser as the mousse is that moisturising). When fully rubbed in it gives you a great glowy look - not shiny through product but a definite glow, as if you've applied a glow-boosting cream. Evy Technology advise to let it settle for about ten minutes before applying makeup. I do give it a little while to settle and absorb fully - but probably not a whole ten minutes.

    As with my previous favourite Sunscreen, the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence, I find that this is a great primer for makeup - better than any dedicated primer that I've used! I find that it makes a fantastic base for makeup - especially with the added glow. It also doesn't make my foundation slide around or make me oilier throughout the day.

    I absolutely can't rate this highly enough! To me it feels more than just sun protection. The added ingredients in the formulation make it feel and wear like another valued part of my skincare routine - and the sun protection is the cherry on top!

     

    Comments

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    Morning Skincare Routine - May

    Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

    Thyme Out Review