The Spoiled Bee ~ Tropical Bath Soak Review


The Spoiled Bee - Tropical Bath Soak
£18.00 for Full Size (size pictured is not full size product) BUY HERE
 
* This product was PR/Gifted.
 
What is it?
100% natural bath soak made from Coconut Milk Powder, Banana Fruit Powder, Vanilla and Epsom Salts to deeply nourish, hydrate and detox your skin.
It's like a smoothie for your skin!
 
Ingredrients:
Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Milk Powder, Epsom Salts Magnesium Sulfate, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Powder, Vanillin.

 
 
Directions:
Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of bath soak to running water. You can add more or less depending upon how concentrated and milky you want your bath to be!

 
 Thoughts:
For someone who grew up in the 1970s when having a bottle of 'Matey' bubble bath was the absolute height of bathing sophistication, bath time has certainly come a long way in the intervening forty years!
It took me a while though - for many of those years I was happy with just the bubbles. And maybe the odd bath crystals and bath bombs thrown in around Christmas time.
It's only really been in the last year that I've dipped my toe into more exotic bath-water featuring bath oils, salts and soaks. And yes, I know I'm totally late to the (bathing) party (yet again) but ... wow, there really is so much more to bathing than bubbles, isn't there?

The Spoiled Bee tropical bath soak looks quite simple in the pot but once you pour it under running tap water, the bath water is transformed into a silky, milky pool of loveliness!
The scent starts to swirl around the bathroom as soon as the bath soak mixes with water - it's a gorgeous milky/coconut tropical scent. You can easily imagine that you are in a place far more exotic than your bathroom!

I personally like to use enough of the bath soak so that my bath water is really rich and milky in colour.
At first, I think I was slightly taken aback at just how lovely the water felt - no bubbles, no floating flowers or herbs - just this intense silky water which is altogether unlike using a bath oil.

A word of warning though! Don't be tempted to completely submerge yourself (hair and all) under the water - yes, it feels absolutely fantastic, like being cocooned in a warm silken veil, BUT, I did this before washing my hair and then noticed that after washing my hair, it still felt oily and I had to wash it again!

This bath soak is absolutely perfect for an opulent languish, but on a more practical note, I found the water to be extra helpful when shaving my legs in the bath. I shall repeat yet again - the water is so silky that not only does it help your razor glide more smoothly over your skin, it instantly acts as a soothing and moisturising sealant so that there is none of that immediate irritation that you get from shaving.

You could quite happily skip any post-bath moisturising with body butters/balms/lotions or oils as the bath soak leaves your skin as silky as it feels when you're in the water. It's an incredibly moisturising and soothing product and of course, hugely skin softening too.

I've been really enjoying the Tropical Bath Soak - I'm getting through it quite quickly, but as mentioned above, the full sized product is a lot bigger than the product shown in my photo so I'm guessing that it will last a good amount of time.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review