Unboxing ~ Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box ~ February 2019

Who could have thought that February could feel so spring-like?
This amazing weather and early signs of Spring have made me unseasonably joyful! I'm loving waking up with an instant feeling of positivity and exuberance which is only made greater after my early morning swim and hearing the Woodpecker hammering away in the woods where the pool is based.
So it seems incredibly fitting that the theme of the February Skin Organics Clean Beauty box is 'Pure Bliss'.
Despite a larger volume than normal of outside stressors in my life currently, I'm feeling pretty blissed out! My box turned up earlier than usual this month too, and that also added to this welcome feeling of general contentment!

 

The Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box is a monthly subscription service offering a selection of five full/deluxe sample sized natural beauty, skincare and makeup products. 
100% natural, organic, non-toxic, eco-friendly, cruelty free, ethically sourced and often from up and coming British Indie Natural Beauty brands, the products chosen are free from Parabens, Petrochemicals, PEGs (petroleum-based compounds), silicones, Sodium Laureth or Lauryl Sulphate, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol , Synthetic Colours and Fragrances, Triclosan,  Formaldehyde, Toulene, Benzophenone/PABA, Petroleum/Mineral oil, Alcohol,  Urea, PEG, PG/BG, Dioxin, Aluminium, DEET, Camphor, Talc and Carmine.

A monthly subscription costs £28.00 (Month to Month) BUY HERE
You can also subscribe by 3 Month Pre-pay for £78.00 or opt for the Vegan Friendly Box (also £28 on a Month to Month basis).
 
Let's take a closer look inside: 
 
 
A fantastic mix of two brands I've never heard of before, one brand that I know and love and another brand that has piqued my interest in the past!
 
 
Farryn Amber ~ Rose Facial Mask
 
This is the brand that I'd heard of and had been interested in trying out so I was delighted to see this generous pot of facial mask nestled in this month's box.
I tried this for the first time last night and my first impressions are really favourable. It's (luckily for me!) an easy clay mask to mix - I added some rosewater and a drop of oil which worked the clay up into a nice sturdy but pliable paste.
 
 
The mask is a blend of mineral rich clays combined with Activated Charcoal, Green Tea Extract, Rose Petals and Wild Kelp. It's an extremely deep-cleansing and detoxifying mask. After leaving it on my face for twenty minutes, my skin felt super clean, fresh and rejuvenated after washing the mask off. I think the best result was that my pores appeared quite considerably reduced and my complexion was even-toned and smooth. Next time I'm going to use this as a morning mask as the results were so positive and visible - it would make for a nice smooth skin canvas before makeup - or no makeup at all - just healthy looking skin.
 
 
 
Belenos Skin Botanique - Repair Serum
 
I cheered out loud when I spotted this inclusion in the box! Wrapped in tissue paper in the box, I immediately spotted the recognisable labelling of Belenos Skin Botanique, one of my absolute favourite Natural Indie Brands of all time!
And the added bonus is that I haven't tried this particular serum before.
This beautiful orange-hued oil serum includes Sea Buckthorn Oil and Carrot Oil (which gives it that gorgeous colour). Also included in this blend is Avocado Oil and Borage Seed Oil, both rich in Vitamins A, C and E and Wheatgerm Oil which is rich in Vitamin E to help reduce skin damage, fight free radicals, support healthy collagen formation and support even skin tone.
One thing you can always be guaranteed of with Belenos products is their beautiful scent blends. This serum contains Rose, Neroli and Frankincense, which not only smells heavenly but also contain anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties to soothe and brighten skin.
I'm delighted to get the chance to try out another Belenos product that I've not previously tried and first impressions leave me in no doubt that this is yet another superlative product.
 
 
Micheline Arcier - Harmonie Bath Oil
 
This was this month's 'Sneak Peak' product and it was just a sign of the great things to follow.
I'd not previously heard of this brand before, despite this being the most established of the brands featured. Apparently Madame Micheline Arcier is a pioneer of modern apothecary and an early advocate of holistic well-being.
The Harmonie Bath Oil is part of the Calmant Collection and was created to be soothing and comforting. It's recommended to use this in your bath in the evening as it promotes restful sleep and will relieve tensions and stresses.
 
 
 One cap full is all that is needed, and I must admit, I was dubious - it's such a tiny cap!
However, I'm glad that I actually followed the recommendations on this occasion as, considering it's a tiny bottle, the size belies the strength of this oil!
Incredibly potent, with a punchy, crisp and intense scent, one cap full was powerful enough to flood my bathroom with the scents of Camomile, Pettigrain and Ylang Ylang.
 
 
 
CocoRosa Beauty - Egyptian Neroli Cleansing Oil, Superfruit 3 in 1 Cleansing Powder and Double-Sided Cleansing Cloth
 
Another brand that I'd never heard of before. This was perhaps the surprise hit of the box for me.
Presented so beautifully in a little natural cotton drawstring bag, these two cleanser samples also came with the most fabulous face cloth I've had the pleasure to try. Super soft flannelette on one side and a textured reverse which gives a gentle exfoliation.
I was absolutely blown away by the first use of the Egyptian Neroli Cleansing Oil! Again, I actually followed the recommendations, which was to wash your hands first and put two pumps of the oil into your wet palms and rub hands together before massaging into your face and neck. Obviously doing this makes for a better slip and the texture, together with the beautiful scent gives you an incredibly enjoyable yet effective first cleanse.
 
 
 The Egyptian Neroli Cleansing Oil is one that I'll definitely be buying a full size of - it's one of the nicest cleansing oils (if not the nicest) that I've ever had the pleasure of using.
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review