T.K Maxx Haul - February 2019

Oh T.K Maxx - you've been KILLING IT recently with your offerings!



 
Not sure if Friday is a new delivery day, but the shelves were absolutely teeming with Dr Jart products. Seriously, my antennae were twitching as I came down the escalators into the Norwich store!

Dr Jart + - Ceramidin Liquid £14.99 (rrp £33.00)
Limited funds meant that I couldn't go all 'Supermarket Sweep' and pick up multiples of everything - but there was no way that I wasn't coming away empty handed. I picked up a back-up of the Ceramidin Liquid (I'm currently almost finished with a deluxe mini size of this). Also available was the Ceramidin Gel Cream (£14.99) the Ceramidin Oil Balm (£9.99 - which my mum picked up for me from another store!), the Help Me! Ceramidin Trial Kit, some Dr Jart sheet masks (only £2.99) and the Dermaclear Micro Milk Peel (£12.99). 

Patyka - Cornflower Water Micellar Gel Cleanser (£4.00 RRP £24.70) and Spearmint Purifying Foaming Gel (£5.99 RRP £24.70)

I'd been eyeing up some of the Patyka products which have been appearing in T.K Maxx, but with my bursting-at-the-seams skinventory always at the back of my mind, there wasn't anything that I really needed.
However.... I was mightily intrigued by the Spearmint Purifying Foaming Gel.
I gave this a little test out on the night I bought it home and whilst the scent of it had undeniably strong connotations of chewing gum, it actually wasn't 'too wrong' of a scent! After years of being conditioned to equate the smell and taste of mint with extreme freshness, this foaming gel certainly made me feel like I had experienced an intensely deep clean. Happy to report that this wasn't at all drying on the skin and left my skin feeling soft and renewed. It would make a great morning cleanser.

It was hugely opportunistic that I came across the Cornflower Water Micellar Gel Cleanser as I'm just about out of my current Cornflower Water.
I use Cornflower Water as a dedicated eye soothing and cooling product. Eyes feeling tired and puffy? Cornflower water soaked into cotton pads makes a brilliantly soothing compress.
So the Patyka Cornflower Water Micellar Gel Cleanser is slightly different as it's a cleanser rather than a basic floral water. This is good news for my eyes - it means I can remove eye makeup whilst benefitting from the soothing powers of cornflower, BUT, as it is a cleanser, I probably wouldn't use this as a compress. Time will tell if I end up preferring a little extra kick in my cornflower water or if I'm happier using a more basic product.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review