Moksa Midnight Chandra Oil Review


 Moksa Midnight Chandra Oil
£11.00 -10ml/ £23.00 30ml (with options for closures and organic cotton gift bag).
 
Who?
Moksa is a natural, plant-based, vegan and cruelty free brand from Devon. The entire range is free from any parabens, sulphates, petrochemicals (mineral oils), fillers, SLS or any other ingredient that can be toxic for your skin.
The name Moksa is a Sanskrit word meaning liberation, bliss and inner peace.
The brand and name were thought up when Chloe, the creator of Moksa and her husband were travelling around India. So taken with all of the inspirations gained from travelling India, Chloe decided to put her training in natural skincare into practice and the brand was born.
 
What is it?
Chandra (meaning 'moon' in Sanskrit, derived from 'Chand' meaning to shine. Chandra is a lunar deity) is a night facial oil. Using last thing at night helps all the active ingredients to get to work as you sleep.
Each ingredient has been selected for a specific purpose:
Rosehip oil, Calendula and Jasmine to restore your skin through the night. Lavender essential oil to aid relaxation and sleep. And Frankincense for it's ability to promote the regeneration of healthy skin cells.
 
Other benefits of the oil include:
* to prevent free radical damage
* reduces fine lines
* protect against premature aging
* lighten dark circles around the eyes
* regulate oil production
* reduce inflammation
* plump and hydrate skin
* calms body and mind

 
Full ingredients
Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, Calendula officinalis (calendula) flower & Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Oenothera biennis (evening primrose) oil, Vitis vinifera (grapeseed) seed oil, Prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, Rosa canina (rosehip) fruit oil, Jasminum officinale (jasmine) flower extract, Cymbopogon martini (palmarosa) leaf oil, Citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower oil, Boswellia carterii (frankincense) oil, Salvia sclarea (clary) leaf oil, Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e), Citral* , Geraniol*, Farnesol*, Linalool*, D-limonene*, Eugenol*, Benzl benzoate**naturally occurring in essential oil

 Packaging
Dark glass bottle with a plastic/glass pipette.
 
Scent and Texture
A medium-rich oil texture, pale and clear-ish with a light scent. I can definitely detect the scents of Lavender and Bergamot.

 
 
Application
Apply 4-5 drops of facial oil last thing at night. 95% of the time, this oil layers well with the other products in my evening skincare routine, but there must be one or two serums I've used which can make this pill - but this is an issue I face with other oils too, not just this one!
 
Thoughts
I bought this oil because I had seen it being used by several people on Instagram who I follow and admire. And to be honest, it's such a pretty bottle!! And I wanted it!
I also really liked the idea of a specific night time oil, even though, when I bought this, using a facial oil was always the last step in my evening routine already - I think that because it was billed as a relaxing oil that could possibly enhance sleep made it stand out from other oils (at that time).
 
This oil makes many claims - some of which may show results after long -term use or results which may not be apparent as the ingredients work behind the scenes. So I'm concentrating on the results which were apparent (both instantly and after longer term use).
It's such a pleasure to use, so this scores high on the 'joy' rating. And no, joy isn't a skin improvement result, but it is something that I consider very highly when choosing and using skincare - especially as I started my skincare routines initially as a path to self-care and well-being.
When it doesn't pill (I need to pinpoint exactly what it doesn't sit well with in the rest of my routine) it's a beautiful blend that absorbs well and applies easily. This is one of the oils where I don't mist my face first for easier applications.
It's a very ritualistic pre-bedtime application for me - I will drop a few drops of the oil onto my fingers and then warm the oil by lighting rubbing my hands together and make sure that I inhale the soothing and relaxing scent of Lavender before application. For me personally, I would prefer that the scent was just a tiny bit stronger - but I like obvious scents and I know there are plenty who don't!

In the morning, I always wake with soft and nourished skin. And this oil passes one of my tests in that I don't wake up with a greasy feel to my skin where I can still feel the previous night's products sitting on my skin (as I can with some oils, night moisturisers and sleep masks). A sign of great overnight skincare is when the product has obviously fed my skin and fully absorbed overnight - and this oil certainly does that.
 
 
* Links are not affiliated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review