Unboxing - Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box ~ December/Christmas 2018

 
  

The Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box is a monthly subscription service offering a selection of five full/deluxe sample sized natural beauty, skincare and makeup products. 
100% natural, organic, non-toxic, eco-friendly, cruelty free, ethically sourced and often from up and coming British Indie Natural Beauty brands, the products chosen are free from Parabens, Petrochemicals, PEGs (petroleum-based compounds), silicones, Sodium Laureth or Lauryl Sulphate, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol , Synthetic Colours and Fragrances, Triclosan,  Formaldehyde, Toulene, Benzophenone/PABA, Petroleum/Mineral oil, Alcohol,  Urea, PEG, PG/BG, Dioxin, Aluminium, DEET, Camphor, Talc and Carmine.

A monthly subscription costs £21.00 + £3.95 p+p BUY HERE

 
I'm particularly excited about this month's box as it's the Christmas edit!
I had perhaps thought that I might save this box and pop it under the tree to open it on Christmas Day as an extra treat to myself. But, excitement, eagerness and anticipation overtook sensible and I just couldn't wait to open it and see what was inside!
As I slowly lifted the lid, the most amazing scents wafted out to make me even more excited. I could smell Cinnamon, Orange, Fir Needles, Ginger, Clove - it couldn't have been any more Christmas-y unless there had been a recording of Noddy Holder shouting "It's Chriiiisssstmaaaasss!!!" as I lifted the lid!
 
Let's see what's inside:
 
 
My eyes couldn't take in all the glorious goodies in one go! So many beauties in this month's box.
 
 
Guiltless Skin - Illume Moisture Serum
RRP £26.00
 I was immediately drawn to, and most excited by the Guiltless Skin Illume Moisture Serum as it's a product that I had on my wish-list! A beautiful fragrance -free, lightweight serum which contains my favourite ingredient Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), along with Arctic Lingonberry, Pomegranate and Hyaluronic Acid. My dry winter skin absolutely drinks this up and I'm loving how soothing, cooling and nourishing it feels. Absolutely beautiful stuff!
 
 
 
Celtic Herbal -Christmas Cwtch Soap
RRP £4.50
 
I'd never heard the word 'Cwtch' before but had seen Celtic Herbal mention it on Instagram. It means a cuddle or hug - awww! I was incredibly happy to see another Celtic Herbal product and this soap is the reason the box smelled so beautiful upon opening. It's all my favourite scents in one bar - Sweet Orange and spicy Cinnamon. Very timely too, as we are just about to run out of soap and I was thinking of buying a fancy bar because there's nothing nicer than having a lovely lingering scent after you've washed your hands. Plus, it always makes the bathroom smell great too.
 
 
Choc Affair - Dark Chocolate with Chilli
RRP £2.75
 
I was very kind and immediately gifted this to my husband, because I'm nice like that (and also I'm not a fan of Chilli and he loves it!). I did try a square of this though - and Ooo-eee! It's got a kick! He reckons that this is the nicest (and hottest) chilli chocolate he's ever tried. So I'm guessing that if this is a flavour you like, then you'll really enjoy this. Palm Oil free and certified Vegan.
 
 
The Konjac Sponge Company
Blitzen's Nose Konjac Sponge
RRP £6.99
 
So adorably presented, this Konjac sponge acts as a pore refiner. Blitzen's Nose contains oil-absorbing charcoal and is suitable for sensitive skin.
 
 
 
Help Me Organics
Help Me Get Into The Festive Spirit Candle
RRP £7.50
I can't believe that this is actually my first Christmas candle this year - what is happening with me?! But this beautiful 'Help me get into the festive spirit' candle from Help Me Organics more than makes up for my festive faux-pas! It's exactly what I would have chosen for myself. With the beautiful blend of Fir Needle, Clove and Ginger essential oils and Sweet Orange and Lemon, this is giving my home that essential Hygge feel this Christmas.
 
 
Clockface Beauty - Enhanced Recovery Body Oil Spray
RRP £25.00
 
This was presented in the box like an extra Secret Santa gift - beautifully wrapped in silver tissue paper with a pretty ribbon. So opening this really added to that delicious feeling of anticipation. And I couldn't have been any happier! Clockface Beauty is a brand who I've only just become aware of so I'm delighted to be able to try out one of their products. The Enhanced Recovery Body Oil Spray has a blend of two of my most favourite essential oils - Clary Sage and Geranium, which I particularly love for their calming, stress-busting properties. Also including Grapeseed, Sweet Almond, Pomegranate Seed, Cypress and Rosemary essential oil - this blend is a powerful dose of antioxidants, nutrients and vitamins for your skin.
 
 
As usual (and I always forget about this!) there are also a handful of discount codes available for some of the brands in this month's box.
So, what an amazing way to end the year. I've only been subscribed to Skin Organics Clean Beauty box since early summer, but it quickly became my favourite discovery of the year. So many beautiful products and so many amazing Indie Natural skincare brands that I've been introduced to and who have firmly been cemented in my self-care routines as firm favourites.
Paula has been like the best personal shopper you could ever wish for - she curates these boxes so perfectly every single month. I can't think of a single product that I've ever been disappointed with. So I want to add a massive heartfelt thank you to Paula for bringing such joy and delight every month to my door xxxx



Comments

  1. Thank you Petra - love your photos and so pleased you have discovered Skin Organics too ! Its been an absolute pleasure reading your blog posts !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review