Objects of Desire - Natural Beauty Christmas Wish-List Edition

We have so many fantastic Indie Artisan, small-batch, clean and natural beauty brands in the UK and I keep finding out about more brands every single day. Thanks to the likes of natural beauty subscription boxes like the Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box and the Natural Beauty Box, it's possible to try out products from many of these brands before committing to buying a full size product.
 
But here I present my own 'virtual wish list' of British Indie Skincare brands that I would really like to check out. I'm sticking to the ones that are in my budget-range and ones that also offer samples and smaller sizes so you don't have to take a risk by shelling out too much money!
 
None of these links are affiliated and some of these brands I haven't actually tried myself yet - this is just as much a mental reminder for myself of brands who have caught my eye recently!

Nudge Boutique


Shop HERE

Of course I'm going to start out with a local-to-me brand!
But this isn't a just case of local-ism!
Nudge Boutique is a North-Norfolk based 100% Vegan, luxury, hand-made skincare brand founded by Jo Klassen. Offering a capsule collection of three stunning products, all featuring the superstar ingredient of Norfolk Saffron. Travel sizes are available and start from £10.
I've had the pleasure of trying all of the products (full review will follow in the new year) and I'd be hard pushed to pick a favourite. But I will! My item of desire has got to be the Saffron Glow Facial Oil Serum (£45 for 20ml) because it can't be beaten for an instant dose of energy, radiance, nourishment, happiness and glow!
 
  
Evolve Beauty

Shop HERE

Evolve Beauty is a brand that I've only just recently tried out (I'm telling you - there is a good reason why I've given myself the tag line of 'Late to the Party'!) but who are well-loved in the natural beauty community. Evolve Beauty are a vegan friendly, cruelty free, small batch brand from Hertfordshire offering a staggering range of skin, body and hair care products.
I treated myself to the taster kit (pictured above) which is really reasonably priced at just £12.00. With this order came three free samples - but more impressively, these samples are just £1 each, which is a fantastic price so that you can try before you commit to full size. And you will definitely want to commit! How have I not tried this brand before?! I want to buy every single product! However, my pick for 'Item of desire' is the Gentle Cleansing Melt, which comes in three sizes - 5ml sample £1/Limited edition half size 60ml for £12/120ml £20.

NK Naturals
Shop - HERE
 
NK Naturals is run by ex-model Nicola Kidd who has been making her own skincare for 30 years (she doesn't even look 30!!).
She offers a beautiful range of cleansing balms, moisturising balms, seasonal facial oils and the 'Life' facial mist (next on my wish-list and also my 'Item of Desire' pick!). Many of her products contain raw organic beeswax from a local bee farmer.
Despite owning far too many facial oils, I caved in and ordered myself the Winter Seasonoil as a Christmas treat to myself! The Seasonoils are 15ml for £15 but the entire years worth of seasonoils set pictured above is currently £50 on the website.
  
 
Natural Wisdom Spa
Shop - HERE. Also on Etsy - HERE

Natural Wisdom Spa have been on my radar for absolutely ages, but due to my over-loaded skincare stash, there's never been the right time to try anything out so far.
Created by Maeve, Natural Wisdom Spa have a really well-thought out and extensive range of natural, raw recipe skincare, hair care, body care and solid perfumes. The products come in either Miron Violet glass or the absolutely stunning cedar pots which Maeve has especially made for her by a wood cooperative in Essaouira, Morocco.
I have been treated for Christmas to the Blue Tranquility Organic Balm made with Blue Tansy and Blue Chamomile essential oils and this is my main 'Item of Desire' pick. But I do pretty much have all of the items in the shop on my wish list! 
 
 
 EBO Beauty

Shop - HERE

I absolutely love Ebo's skincare ethos of matching skincare to the seasons to help skin's fluctuating needs at different times of the year, keeping in sync with nature.
At the core of Ebo's range are a range of seasonal facial oils  (efo)- it's these that I'm picking for my 'Item(s) of Desire'. 
They also offer the Ebo Emo range (Eseential Mood Oils) and the Ebo (ebo) Detox Essential Body Oil.
Prices start from £12.00 - but you can buy the entire range (efr) for £90.00.

Evering Botanique

 
Find on Etsy - HERE
 
A London-based natural skincare brand with a French twist. They have a lovely range of face and body oils and salves and balms. Prices start from £8.00. Item of Desire from their range is their collaboration beauty box ' My Made In Box X Evering Botanique' containing  a 15ml Gigi Body Balm; 15ml Argume Facial Oil; 15ml Sage Facial Oil; 15ml Bourbon Body Oil; a Turkish Fouta towel and a Vegan Bunny Candle. Cost is £40.


Green Keratin
SHOP HERE
 
Bristol-based Green Keratin have an eye-wateringly expansive range of natural skincare products catering for all ages and skin types. My wish-list for this brand is pretty much every product! I have already tried their Cactus B5 Neck Elasticity Fluid, which is bloody amazing! So the next products on my wish-list and my 'Item(s) of Desire' picks are the Greens Elixir Rejuvenating Facial Toner and the Frankincense One Layer Night Balm.
One of my problems with a lot of natural products is that Aloe Vera often features quite high in the ingredients, and I, personally, have some sensitivity issues with Aloe, so there are a lot of products that I daren't try. But I've noticed that Green Keratin have products with and without the inclusion of Aloe, so there's still a lot of choice for me.
Prices are extremely reasonable (plus, if you follow them on Instagram, they very frequently offer generous discount codes). Prices start from £10.95.

Joanna Naturals

Shop - HERE

Joanna Naturals first came to my attention when I received some of their 'So Calm' facial oil in a Skin Organics Clean Beauty Box. And then Jo very kindly contacted me and gifted me some of her 'So Intense' facial oil.
It's this personal interaction with the brands that is one of the main reasons why I am so solidly supporting British Indie skincare brands. Shopping small/local is so much more satisfying as a consumer experience. Plus, being a small business owner myself, I absolutely appreciate when people pick my goods over the bigger, faceless retailers. The experience is altogether more rewarding PLUS the products, in my opinion, are always far superior to mass-produced items.
Joanna Naturals offer a beautiful range of facial oils (with prices starting from £14) and Body Butters (£8.00).
My object of desire is the Whipped Shea Body Butter with Patchouli, Palmarosa and Geranium.
You can also choose from a range of sample kits, each addressing a particular skincare type/concern for just £4.95.

Cut le Crap

Shop HERE

And last, but not least, is a brand whose name makes me chuckle but whose message that personal wellbeing is nothing without a healthy planet to live on, is no laughing matter! Read their Sustainability Statement.
Ben and Maya offer a range of products for face, body, hair, beard and baby.
Prices start from £4.99 (Pure Organic Castile Soap 200ml). My object of desire is the Natural Cleansing Balm (£12.49 for 60ml) which contains Shea Butter, Rosehip Oil, Beeswax and Orange Peel Oil.


I hope this will be the first in a series of posts about our wonderful makers. If I'd have pulled my finger out sooner, this could have been a Christmas gifting ideas post. But, skincare isn't just for Christmas and I would love to support each and every brand every single day of the year.
Expect a lot of reviews in the coming year all about the amazing skincare, body and hair care products and the fabulous brands who bring them to us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review