Weekly Makeup Bag #38

Now the Autumn Equinox has officially happened, it's definitely time to switch up the weekly makeup bag to celebrate this time of year, which is my favourite season.
But as much as I love Autumnal shades I usually just stick to them for my lips and nails, because try as I might, the warm shaded eye shadow palettes really, really don't suit me!
 
 
Heavy on the 20/20 Vision Project items this week - 7 out of the 8 of these are included in the panning project.

* Under Eye Primer - E.L.F and Under eye Concealer - Missha - depite still looking full, I think the Missha concealer is nearly finished, I'm not getting too much product out anymore and it's starting to feel a bit drier.
* Foundation - Holika Holika Gudetama Cushion Foundation - This is such a highly-scented foundation (but handily, I like the scent) which is unusual in a face make up. It's also too light for my skin tone and the addition of a dewy, glowy finish does make me look even paler. I like the formultion, but wish I'd gotten a slightly darker shade. This is one of my 20/20 Vision Project items that I'm trying to finish up.
* Powder - TonyMoly Cats Wink Compact - This has stayed in the makeup bag from last week. I didn't use this at all last week, and not this week either so far.
* Blusher - Inglot Cream blusher - Another of my 20/20 Vision Project picks, I really like this subtle cream blusher but I've had it for a few years now, so I really need to use it up.
* Contour - Illamasqua Gel Sculpt Contour - Yet another project item, I've been using this continuously for several weeks now and I'm making good progress on it. I really like this contour stick and would seriously reconsider repurchasing it.
* Highlighter - E.L.F - Not one of my favourite highlighters, I'm really just looking to hit pan on this.
* Mascara - Benefit Roller Lash - This mini just keeps on going. Not that I'm complaining, I've kept this in the bag for a few weeks now and I really like it.
 
 
Makeup Revolution - Iconic Pro Palette
I'm still on the fence with this palette. It's a nice enough collection of shades, but several of them appear differently on the eye than in the pan. There's an awful lot of fall-out too. Even after tapping the brush several times, I still end up with fall-out on my face! The colours are long-lasting, reasonably pigmented and blend well - although I've not chosen a look yet from this palette this week that I've been totally happy with. I won't de-clutter it just yet, but it's dangerously close to being given the boot!
 
 
A new purchase this week whilst Boots still had their 3 for 2 offer on. I absolutely love the Essie Fall 2018 new collection and couldn't resist these three beautiful colours.
From Left to Right - Fall For NYC - a beautiful and delicate orange/mustard yellow with marigold highlights. Booties on Broadway - a strong navy. Say it Ain't Soho - a metallic copper with amber tones. Essie nail varnishes always apply really beautifully - one coat is often enough and they last a while without chipping.
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review