Weekly Makeup Bag #37

Hot winds!
The hint of approaching Autumn is in the air but the arrival of these strange hot winds this week has put the brakes on starting to think about Autumnal makeup just yet.
I had already decided that I was going to pick a moderate coverage foundation this week after weeks of no foundation, BB Creams or very light coverage. And it felt quite weird having more coverage on my face. Not sure if I like it or not!
 
 
* Foundation - L'Oreal True Match in '2N'
* E.L.F Under Eye Primer
* Missha Under Eye Brightener
*TonyMoly - Cats Wink Powder Compact
* Illamasqua Gel Sculpt Contour Stick
* Blusher and Highlighter (From Essence 'Eye & Face - Glow For It') - I would have de-potted the blusher and highlighter from this palette as I love those but not so keen on the eyeshadows. However, it's a fixed palette without separate pans, so I'll pan the blush and highlighter and then dump the rest of the palette.
* Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
 
 
This Dr Jart - The Book of K Beauty - BB Mate Contouring 1,2,3 Kit arrived this morning in this month's Latest in Beauty Box. I was pretty impressed to see that it was full size.
I was eager to open it and try it out. I'm guessing that you would usually use these on top of foundation, but I set out to use all three on my face at one time (as directed on the accompanying instruction sheet) and by the time I had followed the instructions, my face was pretty much covered with the three different products.
I blended them all out and was really impressed. I didn't miss out as far as coverage was concerned as they did a good job at giving me a decent, moderately covered base.
 
 
The kit consists of a highlighter (on Left). It's not going to give you that super-lit look (which is fine by me) but it's a brilliant highlighter for natural radiance. I also used it under my eyes (as directed) and it worked brilliantly as an under eye brightener too. A real dream to blend in.
 
The middle tube is the Corrector. This is the one that substituted as foundation for me this morning. Luckily for me, the colour match was perfect and it blended in really well without patching or caking.
 
And the third tube is called the Bronzer, but you use it in the same way as you would a contour. It had a slightly orange-brown tint and I was worried that it wouldn't blend in as well, but it did. Although, I've never contoured on the inner corners of my eyes (up by the eyebrows) before and would probably leave this suggested step out next time!
 
 
After having a couple of free-choice weeks with eye shadow palettes, I was happy to start committing to one (or two) dedicated palettes again. It happened to be two this week - the Colourpop Golden State of Mind Palette is lovely, but I have found it difficult to use on its own as it's completely full of shimmers. Which is why I paired it with E.L.F - Mad for Matte palette for some nice matte contrasts.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review