Weekly Makeup Bag #36

I purposefully missed out the week 35 makeup bag as I couldn't wear any makeup last week as I had an eye infection (also had to throw my L'Oreal Lash Extatic mascara away to be on the safe side!).
This made me realise that if I had to choose just one item of makeup to wear then it would be mascara - a full face of makeup minus eye makeup (and in particular, mascara) just doesn't look right!

Being makeup free for a week was interesting for what it told me about my relationship with makeup. I didn't feel weird, self-conscious or naked going out makeup free at all which was actually quite liberating!
If I missed anything, it was the ritual of choosing and putting on makeup.

I've decided to have another free-choice week when deciding which palettes to choose. I'm also re-evaluating my Makeup Revolution New-trals v Neutrals palette to see if I want to keep or de-clutter (I'm veering mostly towards the de-cluttering side!).


 
* Under Eye Primer - E.L.F - this makes any of those concealers that might usually end up looking a bit cakey work so much better.
* Concealer - Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define in 'C4' - without the E.L.F under eye primer, this is one that definitely cakes a bit on my skin.
* B.B Cream - Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream - Too light in the shade '21', but with a bit of blush and contour, I can make this work reasonably well.
* Contour - Illamasqua Gel Sculpt Contour - Not fed up with this yet after using consistently for several weeks now.
* Blusher - Nars/Sarah Moon Blusher in 'Isadora'
 
 
I love this Limited Edition shade.

* Highlighter - Doucce - Another recent favourite. This came in the Look Fantastic Beauty Box a couple of months ago and it's a really fantastic highlighter. Love the subtle champagne shimmer shade (don't know what it's called as I threw the box!). I've had this in my weekly makeup bag for a couple of consecutive weeks now.
* Mascara - Benefit Roller Lash  After having to throw my L'Oreal Lash Extatic mascara away in case it had become infected, I've been a bit paranoid wearing mascara in the aftermath of an infection (even though it's all cleared up now). I've been cleaning the wand after every use!
 
 
So much for wearing a different lip stick every day! I chose these, but still keep forgetting to wear them!
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review