Unboxing ~ Look Fantastic Beauty Box September 2018

September celebrates the Look Fantastic Beauty Boxes Fourth Birthday with this special Birthday Edit.
 
The Look Fantastic Beauty Box is £15 per month (Inclusive of P+P) BUY HERE
 
Let's take a look at the goodies you can take home from the party!
 

Box Design 3/5
 
A suitably celebratory shimmery holographic birthday box with a plain white box base. Not a keeper for me as I generally prefer the plain coloured boxes.
 
 
The Reveal!
Excitement Score: 4.5/5
 
I was expecting a lot from the Birthday edit and the reveal doesn't disappoint. Some great brands and I can only spot one let-down (for me personally).
Also comes with this month's issue of Elle magazine, a super-size tube of Parma Violet sweets (which I happen to love) and a card with a 20% off discount for the pre-order of the Look Fantastic Advent Calendar.
 

 
Eve Lom - Cleanser and Half Size Muslin Cloth
Excitement Score: 5/5
This was the sneak peak given last month, so I knew that we could expect great things with this box. I really like this cleaner. I wouldn't pay full price for a full size one but always happy to have a deluxe mini in my stash.
 
 
Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer
Excitement Score: 5/5
Over the moon to see the inclusion of this iconic pre-shampoo treatment. I've been wanting to try it for ages but was waiting for a sample to show up in a beauty box (it seems to appear in boxes quite frequently) and now I can try for myself.
 
 
Mane N Tail Original Hoof Maker Hand & Nail Cream
Excitement Score: 3.5/5
At first I thought this was going to be a shampoo (which I have previously tried without being too impressed by it) but was happy to see that it was a hand and nail cream instead. Just as I'm on my very last hand cream from my stash too! Great timing.
 
 
Aromatherapy Associates Revive Morning Bath and Shower Oil
Excitement Score: 4/5
 A gorgeous smelling body oil for bath or shower with Grapefruit, Rosemary and Juniper essential oils. I'm looking forward to trying this out. I'm all about the smells!


Lord and Berry Strobing Pencil
Excitement Score: 1/5
For me personally, this was the one dud item in the box. I've tried similar Lord and Berry products before and I've found their cream sticks to be a bit hard and they've tended to drag over the skin so I've not been impressed. I'll be passing this one on. I'm guessing that the pencil-shaped strobing stick is so you can get precision strobing, but since you'd blend out with your finger tip or a brush anyway, I don't see how this makes it much of a time-saver product.

 
Omorovicza Ultramoor Mud Mask
Excitement Score: 4.5/5 
Happy to have a sample of this back in my stash! I've used this before and inadvertently found out that it makes the best 'drawing' mask for stubborn blemishes that just won't come to a head! So I'll definitely be keeping this mask as a spot-mask treatment. It worked better than any blemish product I've ever tried on single blemishes.

All in all, this was a fantastic, great-value box of products to celebrate the LF Beauty Box birthday.
I started off last month's Look Fantastic Beauty Box unboxing by saying that I wasn't thinking of un-subscribing. But actually, during the month (and in no way related to this box) I have actually decided to take a rest for a while (although I'll definitely be keeping my eyes out for sneak peak posts about contents).
I have absolutely no issues with this box at all, and it's definitely my favourite of all the 'standard' beauty boxes. But my stash just isn't reducing because of the continuous inclusion of items from beauty boxes! I'm trying so hard to cut my stash down to items that I've chosen myself, but I'm constantly finding myself 'having to get through' products just to use them up - which becomes a bit of a chore ultimately.
So I'm going to un-subscribe (although maybe not forever!).
Hope I don't regret this choice too much!
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review