August 2018 Empties

 
Skincare and Makeup Empties
 
DC - De-cluttered
WR - Have repurchased or Will repurchase (possibly at a future date)
MR - Might consider as a repurchase at a future date
WNR - Would not repurchase - ever!
 
* Beauty Kitchen - Loadsa Honey Face Wash (DC)- Unfortunately, this had to be a de-clutter. I really tried with this face wash but the overpowering lemon and honey scent really stung my eyes and made it too uncomfortable to keep trying to persevere.
* Rosewater (WR)- There will always be some rosewater in my skincare stash, but I probably wouldn't repurchase this particular brand as there are many others out there to try and this one was slightly on the vinegar-smelling side.
* Niod - Mastic Must (WNR)- This pungent nutty smelling face mask has been featured in two months of 'Project Use it Up' choices and I'm glad to say it's finally gone! Despite great online reviews, this didn't seem to do anything for my skin at all.
* Espa - Optimal Skin Procleanser (WR)- After some initial ambivalence, I ended up being totally in love with this lightly exfoliating cleanser. I'd definitely like to repurchase this in the future - if I can find it on offer as it's pretty pricey.
* Rodial - Stem Cell Magic Gel (WNR) - I managed to get a few uses from this sample and it was on the good side of 'OK' but didn't wow me enough to re-consider it as a repurchase.
* Espa - Hydrating Floral Spafresh (WNR) - I found this incredibly drying as a toner - my skin didn't like this at all.
* Erno Laszlo - White Marble Essence Lotion (MR) - This was a pleasant surprise for me as I haven't had the best success with previous Erno Laszlo products I've tried! A lovely scent and a great slightly-viscous texture, this essence lotion was nice and hydrating - a great step to use after toning in both my morning and evening skincare routines. I've got several hydrating lotions lined up ready to use so I wouldn't put this on my wish-list just yet, but I'd possibly pick one up in the future (if the price was right).
* Jane Scrivner - OO 'Over Oil' Cream (MR) - I liked this well enough to seal in the goodness after applying a facial oil. It's a very rich cream, the kind that I would usually avoid, but for the purpose of using it after a facial oil, it does work well.
* Nuxe - Gentle Exfoliating Gel with Rose Petals (WNR) - Again, I didn't mind this at all. The scent was really lovely and it was a reasonably gentle exfoliator. I simply wouldn't repurchase as I only rarely physically exfoliate and I have plenty of exfoliators left in my stash to use up first.
* L'Oreal Color Riche Lip Palette (DC) - Although I liked most of these red lipsticks in this palette I just didn't like the faff of applying them with a brush from a pan. They weren't the easiest to apply either - when I brushed some on, it just took some more off. I'd rather just swipe and go!
* Erborian CC Crème in 'Dore' (MR) - I thought this was going to be a definite repurchase when I first tried this! That is, until I started using It Cosmetics CC creme, which overall, had the edge over the Erborian.
* Manna Kadar - Glow Shimmer Lotion (WNR) - This was fine for mixing with foundation or moisturiser to add some extra glow but not really on it's own as a cream highlighter.


 
Sheet Masks and Samples
 
Tried the new Garnier eye masks in August but wasn't particularly impressed! Not sure that I'd seek to repurchase. I managed to finish off a lot of sample sachets, which was good. The only ones I'd reconsider purchasing are the two Purito creams - the Centella Green Level Recovery Cream and the Sea Buckthorn Vital 70 Cream.
 
 
Hair, Body and Hand Care
 
* Batiste Dry Shampoo - I always keep this on hand in the bathroom as my son uses it more than I do! We both like the Rose Gold spray and I've already repurchased another can.
* Garnier Body - Intensive 7 Days Body Lotion - I picked up a load of these when they were on the clearance shelf at Superdrug - I think they were no more than 40p each. Still got a few lying around. It's lucky that I love this lotion!
* L'Oreal Elvive - Extraordinary Oil - I've had this for several years now! I used this if my hair was extra tangled after washing, but I did have to be careful with how much I used as it sometimes left my hair feeling crispy after it had dried. I've several other hair oils to get through so this won't be a repurchase just yet.
* Boots - Intensive Foot Softener - Just one of the many foot creams, balms and softeners that I've tried. This was very functional, no-nonsense. It did a good job, but not the be-all-and-end-all job. Never found a foot cream to really sort dry skin on feet out for a long period of time.
* Weleda - Wild Rose Creamy Body Wash - Sadly, I felt a little disappointed with this. It was neither creamy or rose scented as I was anticipating.
* Innisfree - Hydrangea Hand Cream - I absolutely loved this hand cream. It smelt beautiful and had a gorgeous creamy texture without being too greasy. Would like to buy this and some more from the Innisfree hand cream range in the future.
* Merci Handy - Cherie Cherry Hand Cream - I always love Merci Handy products. They often appear in beauty subscription boxes but I would totally seek them out to repurchase rather than just waiting for another to appear in a beauty box.
* Sol de Janeiro - Brazilian Bum Bum Cream - Absolutely the scent of summer! I got this in a beauty box and absolutely loved it - I'd like to repurchase but it's quite pricey.
* The Body Shop - White Musk shower gel - This is NOT the white Musk scent of my youth! This is far more understated. So much so that I hardly recognised it as being White Musk. I probably wouldn't repurchase from this range.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review