Weekly Makeup Bag #34

Never thought I'd say this but I'm getting a bit bored of makeup! Not particularly my makeup collection, but just makeup in general.
I just don't seem to be 'ooh-ing' over anything new I see at the moment. This is probably not a bad thing as it will hopefully stop me needlessly accruing items I don't need.
I'm also currently feeling put-out by the idea of panning products at the moment too. I ended up dumping my sample of Nars foundation yesterday that I've been trying to use up recently, as it doesn't wear well and no primer seems to help, so why am I bothering with it? It was a free sample, for god's sake! I needed to let it go.
So, to stop ennui completely taking over and putting the brakes on this project (that I hope to continue until, at least week 52) I've decided to have a free-for-all makeup bag week. I'll probably stick with the chosen basics, but I want to include several eye shadow palettes and not just use one per week.

 
Very basic 'essentials' - for foundation I'll probably use one of the Estee Lauder Doublewear samples and maybe my own home-made cushion foundation.
The Makeup Revolution 'Conceal and Define' was a little bit cakey when worn on it's own but the E.L.F Under eye Primer really sorts that problem out.
 
 
Some palettes I'm looking forward to reuniting with this week

 
Huda Beauty - Smokey Obsessions; Revolution Pro - Celestial Trends; Urban Decay - Beached and Model's Own 'Mediterranean Haze' Quad.
 
 
Lipstick Choices

 
 
 
De-cluttered from last week
 
 
I dumped the L'Oreal Color Rich lip palette. It was far too finicky applying lipstick with a brush and I've decided that if I am going to use a bold red, then it should be in bullet lipstick form for ease to application.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review