Weekly Makeup Bag #33

Last week's makeup bag was sooo boring! I almost gave up the entire project! It just felt dull and uninspired and not surprisingly, ended up in a few de-clutters! Single eye shadows were boring - I much prefer a good palette!
 
It's made me have a little re-think about panning projects too. Although I'm all for using what you have and trying to have less waste, the idea of chugging through a product that you are bored with just to use it up is starting to fill me with dread! Life is too short to be wasted on mediocre makeup!
 
So here's this week's choice - have I managed to pick products to inject a little joy back into the routine?
 
 
* Lumene Instant Glow Beauty Serum - this is a fantastic light coverage foundation for just evening out skin tone and texture. Best applied with fingers. The brush in the photo came with this serum, but I find it quite hard to work with.
* E.L.F Undereye Primer - I'm not sure how much of this is left but it's certainly something that I will keep in my makeup bag from now on.
* Maybelline - The Eraser Eye - applied under the eyes but also dotted on some areas that need a touch more coverage.
* MUA Stay Matte Loose Powder (not pictured) - I've just recently started to apply this with a damp beauty blender and it's so much better than sweeping over with a fluffy brush. Just dabbing it on areas that need blotting.
* Lumene - Instant Illuminizer - I think this may be my favourite highlighter. Very natural and gentle but very effective.
* Inglot - Cream Blush
* Illamasqua Gel Sculpt Contour Stick (not pictured)
* L'Oreal Paradise Extatic Mascara
* La Girl - Nudes Eyeshadow Palette


 
I love this nude palette. There's an awful lot of fall-out so brush-tapping is essential. However, the colours are bold and stay put for most of the day. My only complaint is that I wish there were more mattes - only 3 of the 12 pans are matte.
 
Lips and Nails
 
 
I love the look of a bright red lip, but just not sure how it suits me personally. I'm envious of people who can carry a bold lip look. I only have two red lipsticks (quite bold classic candy apple red ) and this L'Oreal Color Riche lip palette.
It's going to be a challenge to wear a red lipstick every day - but I can always blot down to a tint or stain if it all gets too much! So far, I've used the top two colours this week. The top is a bit pink for me - so I'll probably ignore that pan. The second from the top is a nice orange red - much more comfortable with that. They are not the easiest to apply though - swipe some on with a lip brush and it seems to take it off again. Maybe it's my brush - I'm going to have to rifle around for a better brush - I know I have more than one.
And the classic vampy red nail varnish from Avon is fantastic! Whilst my nails are relatively short, I don't think a stark red looks too bad.
 

Last Week's De-Clutters

 
Gosh Matt Lipstick - Too Pink!
Sleek Contour Kit - Too dark!
Kiko Bright Duo Baked Eyeshadow - Too Lilac!
Laura Geller - Crème Glaze Trio - Too sparkly!
Getting another chance but teetering on the margins of the hit list is the Makeup Revolution - Gradient Highlighter in Rose Quartz - I have been using this as a blusher, far too dark for a highlighter (didn't even clock that it was a highlighter when I bought it!)
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review