Unboxing ~ Look Fantastic Beauty Box August 2018

Another month another Look Fantastic Beauty Box!
I've been subscribing to this box for nearly a year now which is pretty good going for me as I tend to get disillusioned with subscription boxes after about three months!
These boxes have been reasonably consistent in bringing exciting and usable products, there have been a couple where the excited anticipation of opening a new box has turned to slight disappointment on seeing the contents, but I've not thought about un-subscribing.
 
The Look Fantastic Beauty Box is £15 per month (free P+P) Subscribe HERE
 
This month's edit is called 'Feel, Be, Look Fantastic'.
The philosophy behind this is to have confidence in your beauty routine and being the best you can be (with the help of the products in this month's box).
 
So, how 'best' can me be this month?!
 
 
Box Design: 4/5
Two-tone summery-sky blues with a gold trim.
 
The Reveal!
 
 
Excitement Score: 3/5
Mostly brands that I know and have used and have never been too fussed about. Not a hugely exciting first impression this month.
 
 
Molton Brown Bath and Shower Gel in Gingerlily
Excitement Score: 3/5
I've tried this before and didn't really get a good feel for the scent as it was a bit underwhelming. The name sounded so promising too.
 
 
Mio - Boob Tube + Multi Action Bust Firmer
Excitement Score: 4/5
I've never tried a dedicated bust cream before. The sceptical side of me thinks 'how is a cream going to actually manage to firm my bust'? So it's not something that I'd actively seek out. However, as it's for use on the décolletage too, I'm far more interested in moisturising and treating that area as it's starting to look a bit aged after years of everyday exposure to the elements from when I didn't protect that area with SPF. I really don't want a leathery chest!
(Sorry for the wonky picture - this was taken very quickly as some sunbathers started to pay a bit too much attention to what I was doing and embarrassment got the better of me!)
 
 
Blink Brow Bar - Mini Brow Build in 'Indian Chocolate'
Excitement Score: 4/5
My brows are quite full so I've never felt the need to buy or use a brow builder. However, after trying this, I think it may be my favourite item in the box. A quick swipe through my brows and it just manages to tame them and help them look a bit neater.
 
 
INC.redible Glazin Over Lipgloss in 'Vibes Tribe'
Excitement Score: 2.5/5
I generally really like the INC.redible lip products but I'm not a lip gloss wearer so I don't think this is a product I'll be reaching for much. There were 5 different shades available to subscribers and I got this bright red shade called 'Vibes Tribe'.
 
 
Balance Me - Pure Skin Face Wash
Excitement Score: 2.5/5
Balance Me is a brand that regularly pops up in beauty boxes but it's also a brand that hasn't really wowed me. On closer look though, the ingredients in this facial wash sound nice - it has a blend of Grapefruit, Frankincense and Roman Chamomile Oils.
 
 
Erno Laszlo - Hydraphel Skin Supplement
Firmarine Lift Essence Lotion
Excitement Score: 3.5/5
I'm not usually a fan of Erno Laszlo, but I've recently been using the White Marble Essence Lotion and it has been very moisturising so another essence lotion has sweetened the pill somewhat!
 
All in all, not a great box for me. When Look Fantastic have their rare mediocre boxes, I sometimes have the slightest flicker of 'shall I unsubscribe?' but I think generally the boxes are good value and I'd feel regret if I were to dump this box.
Also, the next month's box is the birthday edition and the sneak peak of one of the items is very exciting and something I've used and loved before. So I'll definitely be hanging on for the foreseeable future.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review