Weekly Makeup Bag #28

My several-week run of good skin seems to have come to a screeching halt this week! I've got a huge 'thing' under my eye (not sure if it's a spot or a bite) that is making the skin under my right eye really puffy and swollen. And I appear to have several more small blemishes on my face too.
For this reason, I think I'm going to need a bit more coverage this week, so will be bringing a medium coverage foundation back into the mix.

 
* Foundation - Holika Holika Gudetama Cushion Foundation
Shade 21 has been too light for me so I added some Obsession Makeup foundation darkener in to this to see if it helps.
 
* E.L.F Under-eye Primer
 
* Missha Under-eye Brightener
This is starting to feel a little dry, so mixing this with the E.L.F under-eye primer ensures that it stays moist and hydrating.
 
* Powder - MUA Loose Powder
 
* Blusher - Inglot Cream Blusher
This is one of my 20/20 Vision Project picks and I'm remembering how much I love this cream blush!
 
* Highlighter - Fenty Beauty Kilawatt Highlighter Duo in Girl Next Door/Chic Phreak
 
* Contour - Illamasqua Gel Sculpt Contour Stick
 
* Mascara - L'Oreal Paradise Lash Extatic
 
* Eye Shadows - Colourpop Super Shock Shadows
I'm starting to doubt some of my Colourpop choices! These are a very random bunch of shades and they're really not working well for me this week - I have a feeling that I'll be reaching for my box of singles out of frustration. I guess that's the problem of choosing shades online.


Weekly Lipstick Choices
Adding slightly more pressure onto myself, I've also decided to add seven lipsticks to this week's makeup bag! I have 50 lipsticks and hardly ever wear lipstick - so this is a good opportunity to re-evaluate what I own and also to get a bit of wear out of them. Even if it's a day when I'm not leaving the house, I'm going to wear one lipstick a day.



 
Three of these (the e.l.f Tinted Lip Balm, The Buxom Lip Plumper and the Bagsy Wow Lips are in my 20/20 Vision Project Pan - so these will probably stay in until I've finished them off).
 
De-cluttered this week
I spent most of last week using the Freedom Secret Rose palette and deciding how I really felt about it. Some of the colours I liked, but most of the palette were quite weak colours and looked quite muddy when blended. So I decided to de-pot four out of twelve of the pans - and chuck the rest!
 

Pans marked with the blue Y were de-potted and kept.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review