Scinic Vitamin C 100 All In One Ampoule Review

Scinic Vitamin C 100 All-In-One Ampoule
300ml for £20.00 - £25.00
The Cheapest I found was on ebay for $25.00 (approx. £20) HERE
 
 This is going to be more of an obituary than a review, because this product unfortunately suffered an early demise.
 

About
 
It's been hard to find an ingredient list for this product as I can only find most information that's written in Korean. According to YesStyle this ampoule contains 100% Vitamin C from England for hydration and brightening, hyaluronic acid for hydration, lemon extract, orange extract and apple extract to revitalize skin, rosehip oil for a brightening effect.
This was very much an impulse buy for me when I first saw this new all-in-one ampoule from Scinic. Vitamin C is one of my favourite ingredients and as much as I love my Hero Project Vit C-30 Serum, it's too oily to use in the morning so I really wanted to find a Vitamin C product that could be used in my morning routine.
The Scinic AIO ampoules are always very generous in size - and at 300ml, this one is the biggest yet. It's called Vitamin C 100 because this size product will give you 100 pumps of product

Scent and Texture

A gel texture which has a pleasant citrus smell. You can't see it in the photo below but the gel has orange micro-bubbles of ...something in it! Again, lack of information written in English makes it hard to ascertain exactly what these 'bits' are. But taking a guess, the Scinic Aqua AIO has little blue micro-bubbles of extra aqua, so I'm guessing that the orange bubbles are extra little exploding bursts of Vitamin C.

Application

The pump applicator is, on first impression, very handy as you feel that it will disperse the exact amount that you need for one application. Plus it's a lot more hygienic than the tub where you have to scoop product out of.
 But the reality is that it's quite a big pump of product, and I found it too much for one use. Added to the fact that this is really quite sticky - one pump is too much to fully absorb into my skin.
This is definitely not an apply-and-go product. I had to leave it some time before following on with another layer of another product, and even then, this never fully absorbed into my skin. It left my skin feeling sticky and tacky, however many times I tried to reduce the amount of product I would apply.
 


 
Thoughts
 
I really wanted this to work! I loved the Scinic Aqua AIO Ampoule and I just presumed that this would have the same kind of watery gel consistency and absorb in the same way.
I tried numerous ways to fit this into both my morning and evening routine but it was just too extra. Because it never fully absorbed, it left my skin feeling sticky and uncomfortable.
Added to that, it really didn't play well with other layers. I think it was responsible for making some facial oils pill. I also had a slight burning sensation when I tried using this after an acid toner - which possibly attests to a reasonable level of Vitamin C in the product, but was a bit of a stupid move on my part!
 
If there had been some amazing visible results then I may have tried harder and for longer with this product, but I didn't see any discernible difference to my skin.
So reluctantly, I've decided to pass this along. I have too many other good products waiting to be used to waste any more time on a product that is so stubborn in so many ways!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review