BuzzBalm - All Purpose Skin Cream Review

 
 
BuzzBalm All Purpose Skin Cream
£13.95 for 30g BUY HERE
 
This is a mini review for a mini product that I received in the latest Triyit Campaign.
The full size is 30g, but I received a tiny but adorable little 4g tin.
 
BuzzBalm All Purpose Skin Cream is a rich, but non-greasy skin cream to soothe, nourish and moisturise problem skin. It does not contain parabens, chemicals, synthetic preservatives, fragrances, emulsifiers, petroleum products, alcohol or additives.
The cream (as the other BuzzBalm products) are made from just six natural ingredients:
 
* Raw Honey - containing active enzymes, excellent moisturisers and emollients that nourish the skin’s epidermis.
* Bee Propolis - with wound healing compounds to stimulate the skin’s renewal and ward off unwanted microbes as well as containing natural polyphenols that provide protection from sun. 
* Organic Beeswax - with natural waxes giving moisture retention and skin protection.
* Royal Jelly - with skin improving properties including Vitamin B5 to strengthens the skin’s elasticity and help repair the epidermis. 
* Fermented Bee Pollen - with beneficial probiotics, vitamins, minerals and nutrients
* Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil - a nutritious carrier with antioxidant properties
 
Scent and Texture
This cream has a very, very faint, slight citrus scent. The cream is a nice natural-looking yellow. Although called a cream, I would personally describe this as a balm in both appearance and texture.
 
Application and Uses
As I don't suffer from problematic skin, and by that I'm assuming BuzzBalm are referring to eczema, Psoriasis or very dry skin conditions, I wouldn't use this in the suggested manner as a facial moisturiser as it's so incredibly rich.
However, I managed to find a multitude of uses for this balm-like cream and considering this tiny sample tin held just 4g of product, a tiny amount of product goes a long way.
A small scoop of cream/balm melts into a soft oil as it warms on your skin. 
 
For itchy skin/bites/stings - I used this on a couple of insect bites that became itchy and then when the skin was broken and sore. The balm had an immediate soothing effect and felt like it was creating a protective barrier over the wound while healing at the same time.
 
For very dry skin on feet, heels and elbows - I applied this on very dry and rough skin patches and it felt really deeply moisturising without being too greasy. It absorbs well enough to not feel like you have product sitting on top of your skin.
 
As a cuticle and nail cream - A tiny amount of the balm was enough to moisturise and nourish nails and cuticles, with any excess residue being used as a hand cream on the back of my hands.
 
As a lip balm - The balm has pretty much the exact texture as my Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm, so when applied on my lips it felt just like a rich lip balm and had no discernible taste.
 
Thoughts
Firstly, I loved the tiny tin packaging with the yellow Bee design on the front. It makes a perfect hand-bag sized 'rescue' product. If I were to repurchase a larger size, then I would definitely be transferring product to this small sample tin to carry around with me.
They do sell this 4g size in their shop for £3.95 - it doesn't sound or look like a lot of product, but I got numerous uses from this small pot.
 
I can't attest to how this works as a moisturiser for problem skin as I would never use something this rich on my face. However, as a multi-purpose balm, it ticks all the boxes - multi-uses, convenient, soothing, nourishing, with great ingredients.
There are many, many multi-purpose balms of this kind on the market, and I didn't feel that this stood out above any others I have tried. I didn't dislike it - in fact I was impressed with the results, but it just didn't have any particularly unique features.
 

Comments

  1. Good day! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!sprout cubby accessories

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review