Weekly Makeup Bag #24

There's a lot of sales on and deals about at the moment, which makes it very hard not to impulse buy more makeup!
Boots is currently offering a 3 for 2 deal (and Superdrug will probably follow soon).
 
So it's no surprise that I bought a few new bits this week as the offers were too good to refuse!
 
One place I bought something new, which I didn't expect to find, was actually at a car boot sale! There are often people selling off their makeup and skincare at car boot sales but I don't tend to go for it as you don't know how old it is, plus, it's generally all those awful gift sets that no one really wants anyway!
But at York, I came across a girl selling some really nice palettes that were mostly new. She had a couple of Morphe palettes that she explained had come damaged in the post (a couple of smashed pans) and the vendor had just sent her new ones, so she still had the original damaged ones.
 
I've wanted to try a Morphe palette for a while, so for £5, I picked up the Morphe 35T (it just has two damaged pans). I made an attempt (not hugely successful) to repress the damaged pans and this is the first week of use.


 
* Primer - Pixi by Petra - Not really feeling this primer too much! But I'm leaving it in again this week to try and use it up some more.
 
* BB Cream - Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream. Also using up a Nars foundation sample.
 
* Under-eye Concealer - Missha Under-Eye Brightener- I've finally finished up my Inglot concealer! (How many months was that?). This concealer is much thicker and has better coverage than the Inglot. So far, so good - it hasn't particularly made my fine lines look more exaggerated.
 
* Powder - Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder- I always forget just how good this powder is! However, the sifter makes it difficult to get much product out, so I've been removing it to get more onto my powder brush. It's very, very finely milled, so makes a bit of a powdery mess when I do this, but at least I can get a decent amount of powder.
 
* Contour - Makeup Revolution Contour Palette (not pictured)
 
* Blusher - Kiko - Green Me in 'Coral View' -  This is one of the items I bought in the Kiko sale last week. I picked it up thinking it looked like a reasonable dupe for the Nars Orgasm blusher. And then later realised that I own the Nars Orgasm blusher - durrrr! So I really have no need to buy a dupe!! However, I like it! It's quite lightly pigmented, which would usually annoy me but in a blush it means that I can build it up rather than having a clown face on first application. There were a couple of the Kiko blushers that I quite liked from their special releases - that seemed to have a nice gold shimmer. But some of them were pretty intense with the gold highlighting and I know from experience that a lovely swatch doesn't necessarily translate well on the face!
 
* Highlighter - Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Highlighter in 'Stunner' - This is highly pigmented and can be quite blinding - so for me, less is more with this highlighter.
 
* Mascara - Benefit - Roller Lash (Mini) - It would absolutely make sense if mascaras came in smaller tubes as they have the shortest shelf life of any type of make up. I know for sure that I definitely go past the recommended shelf life for an open mascara (only 3 months after it's been opened). This short shelf-life is a bane for the makeup lover/hoarder as I'm guessing that lots of people like to have more than one open at a time.
 
* Eyeshadow Palette - Morphe 35T - My bargain car boot sale palette! As you can see, it's pretty messy-looking towards the right hand side! I think the reason I've held off on buying one of these palettes is that some of the shades are very similar. And let's be honest - just how many shades of brown do you need in one palette? (Silly question?) My one gripe about this palette is that there are no light or base shades at all.
 
* Lipstick - L'Oreal Color Riche in 'Beige a Nu'. Also keeping in the mini Buxom Lip Plumper and the Bagsy Wow Lips Chubby Stick (not pictured).
 
 
 
Morphe - 35T Palette
A close-up of the Morphe palette with my poor attempt at re-pressing a couple of the pans. It's a bit messy looking on that one side but still completely usable.
 
De-Cluttered last week
I had higher hopes for the Laura Geller Lash Boss mini mascara, but unfortunately it went the same way as the Pur mini mascara the week before - too much smudging and transference to the upper eyelid - so I de-cluttered it.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review