Unboxing ~ Look Fantastic Beauty Box June 2018

The Look Fantastic monthly beauty box is £15.00 per month (free P+P) - Subscribe HERE

When I heard that this was going to be the second special edition box of the year, I was really hoping that I'd be more excited about this box than I was by the previous two.
This edit is called 'Into the Blue' and this month you can expect seven items (it's usually six) which promise to rejuvenate, illuminate, hydrate and refresh us all.
 
 
Box Design Score: 3.5/5
It certainly is a very refreshing looking box. Not sure this is a keeper for me though.

 
With the usual accompanying free copy of Elle Magazine and the Beauty Box booklet. I do really like the opulence of the navy tissue paper and the gold writing.


 
Excitement Score: 5/5
Yess! Loving the look of everything in here at first reveal.
  
 
 
* Elemis - Superfood Facial Wash
Excitement Score: 5/5
I think Elemis has to be one of my favourite skincare brands - I can't think of a single Elemis product I haven't liked. This facial wash contains wheatgrass, kale and nettle - I haven't tried it yet but the very thought of those ingredients is already making my skin feel healthy and clean!
 

 
* Real Chemistry - Environmental Rescue Essential Day Cream
Excitement Score: 4/5
I've not heard of this brand before but I like the look of this little pouch (like a kids yoghurt!) of day cream.
 
 
 
* Vita Liberata - Fabulous Self Tanning Tinted Lotion
Excitement Score: 3/5
I'm a bit leery of self-tanning products as I've never quite got the hang of using them well. I'm a bit more placated that this is a gradual tanning lotion which doubles as a body moisturiser.


 
* Christophe Robin - Cleansing Volumising Paste with Pure Rassoul Clay
Excitement Score: 5/5
I absolutely LOVE this stuff! I'm delighted to see this in the box as it's one of those hair treats that I wouldn't buy a full size of as it's not really meant for my hair type, plus it's really expensive and I use it up too quickly.
 

 
* Madara - SOS Hydra Moisture + Radiance Mask
Excitement Score: 4/5
This can be used as either a wash-off mask or a sleeping mask. I currently have several wash-off masks that I'm trying to use up, but I don't mind adding another to my stash.
 

 
* Studio 10 - Liquid Foil I-Radiance
Excitement Score: 3/5
At first I thought this was another metallic lipstick, but it turns out it's a mousse-textured, metallic eye shadow. The colour in the tube looks like a really nice champagne pink but when applied it unfortunately feels very wet and is mostly glitter, so I'll be passing this one on.

 
* Rituals - The Ritual of Dao Body Cream
Excitement Score: 4/5
Sometimes I think I'll never need buy a body lotion again thanks to the proliferation of them in Beauty Boxes! I like Rituals as a brand - it's not one I'd buy because of the price, but they are always great quality and with the most amazing scents. This one has a particularly beautiful scent - it 's fragranced with White Lotus and Yi Yi Ren (an ingredient used in Chinese medicine).
 
So for me, this month's box was an absolute winner! And although the last couple of boxes felt slightly disappointing, the Look Fantastic box is one that I won't consider unsubscribing from. In fact, it's my only consistent subscription box at the moment.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review