Project Use It Up - June Results

 
Overall, I had a really great month for using items up (but I also bought quite a few new ones too!).
 
Here's a reminder of the six items I chose to try and use up in June
 
 

 
And here's what I managed to use up!

 
Four out of six is not bad! Although one was de-cluttered when I realised that it had expired.
 
* The Ordinary - Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution - I'd been using this intermittently on my body as I had found the 7% of Glycolic Acid a bit too harsh on my face. However, after pulling it out again and trying it on my face, I didn't find this quite so harsh this time around. It's not my favourite Glycolic Acid and I won't be repurchasing.
 
* Nuxe - Reve de Miel Lip Balm - I had several moments of 'Why did I choose this?!' this month as I was reminded just how ultra-rich this lip balm is! I had been using it as a lip sleeping mask but I always woke up feeling greasy-lipped and opted to use my Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask instead. In a way, this is a great product as it's extremely nourishing and manages to stay put on your lips for several hours. But it's definitely more of a winter lip product and summer use is probably not going to see me use this up for quite a while longer with the slow rate that this is going down in the pot. You absolutely only need a tiny bit to fully cover your lips. I also kept forgetting to apply it daily too. So I haven't made much of a dent in this product and it will roll-on to next month's selection too.

* Cosrx - Advanced 96 Snail Mucin Essence - This is now the second month where I haven't been able to use this up entirely! There's not much left and it should be easy to finish. However, I've been finding it quite tricky placing this in my skincare routines. It doesn't fully absorb into my skin and can feel quite tacky, and for that reason it's been a no-go for my morning routine. I've mostly tried using it after acids and actives in the evening, but it does have a tendency to make other layers that come afterwards pill up. This will have to roll-over into next month's choices.

* The Ordinary - Hyaluronic Acid - After a concerted push, I managed to finish this serum. Like the Cosrx Snail Mucin Essence, this never really absorbed totally and left my skin feeling quite tacky. However, it did offer a burst of hydration for my skin, so was easier to use after toner and before treatments in my evening routine. I have replaced this with some Hada Labo Gokujyun Hyaluronic Acid Lotion which has all the hydration but at first impression, seems to absorb better.

* Skin Food Black Sugar Honey Mask - I managed to finish this off within the first couple of weeks in June. It's one of those highly-raved about masks, but I wasn't too taken with it so won't be replacing.


And that's that! Join me in the next few days to see what I'll be adding to the Nuxe Reve de Miel and the Cosrx Advanced Snail Mucin Essence to try and use up in July.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review