Nail Rescue!

Ohh my nails are trashed!!
It's always a struggle for me to keep my nails in great (or even good) condition - mainly because I'm an ex nail-biter and still a nail nibbler.
Last week was pretty stressful and I did a lot of driving (I tend to nibble on long drives) so I managed to chew down several of my 'good' nails and ended up filing them all down really short to see if I could try and get them into a good (or reasonable) shape again.
 
Here's what I have in my nail rescue kit:
 


 

Ciate - Knight in Shining Armour - Overnight Nail Mask
£12.00 for 13.5ml BUY HERE
 
Whenever I have completely bare nails (and whenever I remember!) I'll pop a good layer of this nail mask on my nails before bed and then wash it off in the morning.
I don't know exactly what it does (if anything)! It's one of those products that doesn't show you instant results but you know that it's working in the long run.
This mask is enriched with Marula Oil and is intended for hydrating, brightening and revitalising nails.
 
 
VeeBeautyLDN - Rose Scented Nail & Cuticle Oil - £5.95 for 15ml BUY HERE
Apothaka - SOS Recovery Nail & Cuticle Oil - £13.95 for 10ml BUY HERE
 
A recently new idea to me, nail and cuticle oil is now something that I use twice a day.
I use the VeeBeautyLDN oil in the morning - it's quite a dry oil, so doesn't leave my hands and nails feeling greasy and oily and liable to smear everything I touch. It's great for healing and moisturising cuticles. Mine can get quite ragged if I'm on a nibbling spree and this just helps to keep them smooth and supple. I also rub this into my nails as an extra boost of nourishment.
Whereas the VeeBeautyLDN is a much more utilitarian cuticle oil, the Apothaka SOS Recovery Nail & Cuticle Oil has a bit more of a pampering feel. It's richer and has an amazing spa scent of lemon, lavender and myrrh oils. It's also quite expensive for 10ml so I usually only use this at night. This contains Jojoba oil, which is maybe why it feels a bit richer - but it's still quite a dry oil and I can go straight on to touching stuff without smearing!
 
 
Hand Cream - any hand cream!
 
This just happens to be the hand cream that I have open at the moment. It was from a gift set but it does have a nice scent and absorbs nicely. I apply hand cream up to four times a day - more out of habit than necessity, but I have noticed the difference in both my hands and nails since doing this. I always rub the hand cream into my nails too.
 
 
Sally Hansen - Diamond Strength Hardener
£8.99 for 13.3 ml BUY HERE
 
I always try to wear nail hardener even if I'm not using a coloured varnish - just as a strengthener and barrier. I'm not particularly loyal to this particular hardener, it's just what I have open at the moment. Any hardener will do.
 
 
Perfect Formula - Pink Gel Coat
£23.50 for 18ml BUY HERE
 
I got this in a Tili Beauty Box and I'm so glad that I got to try this. I would never have spent this much on a nail product previously! But this stuff is amazing - and I probably will spend that much to repurchase this again when it runs out.
This protein-rich formula strengthens and brightens your nails. But on top of that it has a sheer pink tint to it which instantly makes your nails look bright and healthy. The colour also changes (or appears different) outside to a beautiful, almost pearlescent pink. And it lasts really well too. Unlike the Sally Hansen hardener, I don't have to replace this every day. It's really perfect as a long-lasting subtle colour varnish whilst at the same time is making your nails healthy and stronger.
 
So, these are my go-to products when I'm at home. To really get your nails off on a good start is to have a good (even just basic) manicure. And if I can't kick-start my nails at home into a healthier state - than a salon manicure will be my next step.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review