Weekly Make Up Bag #12

 
A new week and three new make up buys!
 
I just had my face threaded and waxed for the first time and it's left me in a bit of a mess - itchy lumps along my jawline and general splotchiness. This is a bit of a pain as my skin was in great condition before I did this so I'm hoping it won't last too long!
 
I've also decided not to wear any make up until it calms down a bit as I don't want to make it any worse. So I'm itching (literally!) to start wearing make up again as one of the benefits of threading facial hair is that you get a smoother canvas to work on!
 
So here's what I've chosen for when this mess clears up a bit!
 
 
 
* Primer - Laura Geller Spackle Treatment - I think I've used this once before but can't really remember what it was like! So I'm giving it another try.
 
* Foundation - Bare Minerals Pro foundation (sample) - I picked up a sample of this at the end of last week to try out. If I use this all up then I will use the Models Own Runway Foundation in Shade 05 'Natural Ivory'.
 
* Concealer - Inglot under eye concealer (not pictured) - keeping this in my bag till I finish it.
 
* Loose Powder - MUA Matte Perfect Loose Powder - I was a little oilier than usual last week so I added a more mattifying powder in case that happens again this week.
 
* Contour, Bronzer and Highlighter - Makeup Revolution Contour palette (not pictured) - using the contour, bronzer and highlight pans from this palette again this week.
 
 
* Blush - Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in 'Luminous Flush' - I finally picked up one of my 'most wanted' products! I don't know why but I thought this would be quite a subtle blush but it's actually highly pigmented and a little goes a long way - I'm going to have to practice not being too heavy-handed in application. I love this colour though - a lovely welcome to Spring softness!
 
* Eyebrows - Makeup Revolution Brow Pomade in 'Soft Brown' - as I also had my eyebrows threaded, I thought it was time to pay them a little more attention.
 
* Mascara - L'Oreal Paradise Extatic  - My favourite mascara. I was a little disappointed with the Ciate last week - it didn't deliver as well as I had remembered.
 

 
Here are the two new palettes I bought last week.
A nice bold palette which I hand-picked the pans for from Obsession Makeup London - I blogged about this palette here.
I also picked up this LA Girl Nudes palette on a whim when making a Beauty Bay order last week (in order to qualify for the free shipping!). I had a quick play around with it last week and I'm really loving the soft nude colours for Spring.
 
 
And finally Lipsticks. I actually wore lipstick quite a lot last week (I can often forget) and really enjoyed my new shades from NYX. So I'm using those bolder colours again this week but have also added a more rosy-nude colour to go with my LA Girl Nude colours.
Kat Von D - Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in 'Lolita'; NYX - Liquid Suede Metallic Matte in 'Modern Maven'; NYX - Matte Lipstick in 'Crazed' and Bare Minerals Matte in 'Juu'.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review