Weekly Make Up Bag #10

Very excited to choose the make up bag for this week because this is my holiday make up bag. We're off to Seville for  few days!
 
Whilst packing up my wash bag, skincare and make up for the holiday I couldn't help but feel I was choosing quite basically as I know there's a Sephora just down the road - and hey, if I run out or have forgotten something, I'll just go and have to buy something new, won't I?!
 

* Foundation - I've chosen a sample of the Lancôme Teinte Idole in Shade 02 Lys Rose. This will definitely last for the duration of our short break.
 
* CC Crème - Erborian CC Crème - Loving this little sample and will definitely be looking to repurchase a full size. It gives a fantastic light coverage and makes my skin look fresh and healthy.
 
* Under Eye Concealer - Inglot - Will be using this until it's used up.
 
* Powder - TonyMoly Cats Wink - This is a great compact powder for touch-ups.
 
* Bronzer - Nars Laguna Cream Stick - Have enjoyed wearing bronzer in the past week, it just helps pep up your skin in the winter.
 
* Contour - Illamasqua Gel Sculpt - A handy travel-sized contour stick. Nice and cooling too.
 
* Blush - Nars 'Orgasm' - My favourite blush. Works well with the Laguna bronzer.
 
* Mascara - Ciate Wonderland - This mascara mini is one of my favourites. Would consider repurchasing a full size of this.
 
* Eye Shadows - Hikari Quad in 'Tonya' - I picked this a couple of weeks ago for my weekly make up bag and was unsure whether I wanted to keep it. However, after using it for the week I think it's a good basic everyday-wear quad.
I Heart Revolution - Surprise Egg - Rose Gold -  This is a new item for me. I saw them online and was interested and when I popped into Superdrug and saw them on the shelf, I couldn't resist! I haven't really tried it out yet so I'm hoping it's okay, but I love the colour choice (to compliment the more sedate Hikari quad) and it also has a couple of powder highlighters too so I don't need to pack a separate highlighter.

 

 Cute rosey shades to welcome in Spring!

A mini review of last week's palette:


Makeup Revolution Flawless 2 Palette

Sadly, I found this palette a bit of a let down. I'm going to keep hold of it for the time being but I can't see myself reaching for it too much and it felt a bit of a drag using it for the entire week.
When looking at the shades (and with there being 32 pans) it certainly looks likes there is enough variety to easily get a week's worth of looks.
However, I found this palette quite boring. Many of the shades are quite similar, particularly the brow and base pale shades.
There's no problem with the pigmentation and the longevity but I found that the shimmer shades were quite chalky and applied patchily. Some shades also tended to become muddied when blended.
To sum up, this felt like a bit of a chore to come up with interesting eye looks day after day for the week and I was happy to put this back on the pile when the week was over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review