Unboxing ~ Latest in Beauty February 2018

It's been a couple of months since there have been enough products to tempt me into ordering a Latest in Beauty Box. But recently there was a run of Jurlique products on offer and my interest was well and truly piqued!
 
I opted for the Beauty Enthusiast Box - which is six items for £15.00 (inclusive of P+P)
 
 
No extra surprises this time and just one sample ( a tea bag!).

 
Jurlique Nutri-Define Refining Foaming Cleanser
This applies as a lovely rich cream, which has tiny exfoliating polishing beads and then as you add a bit of water it lathers up into an intensely luxe foam. Some foams can leave your skin feeling tight and dry but this one left my skin feeling clean but moisturised too.

 
Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist
I'd previously tried out a small sample of this mist and loved it. Although this was a couple of years ago and at the time I didn't get the gist of the mist! Back then I thought it was a make up setting spray but it didn't work in that way for me so I used it as a cooling mist in the summer. Since then I've learned the strength of using a mist in your everyday routine - either as a refreshing and cooling spray, when your skin feels tight or dry, in between hydrating steps of your skincare routine - the list is endless. This mist has a very delicious rose scent.
 

 
Jurlique Purely Age-Defying Firming and Tightening Serum
This is a lovely rich milky serum which sinks into the skin giving instant hydration. Contains a blend of botanicals including Oat Kernel Extract, Beech Tree Bud Extract and Tapioca Starch to help skin look firmer and feel smoother.

 
Jurlique Activating Water Essence
Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Day Cream
I'm guessing the Activating Water Essence works along the same lines as the Korean skincare activating serums which you apply directly after toning and before any other serums to help prepare the skin and makes any further serums more effective.
On first use, I found that this watery essence didn't have too much slip and also felt slightly tacky on my skin. It's advised that your pour some into your hands, and warm it before applying to your face. This method actually left my hands with more product than my face. Like other activating/Starter essences, you never quite know what they are doing or if they are working at the time - it's only after you stop using them that you notice any difference!
 
There are 18 different botanicals in this day cream including Japanese Cedar Bud Extract, Persian Silk Tree Extract, Viola Tricolor Extract, Squalane, Licorice Root Extract, Daisy, Rosemary, Lavender, Dandelion, Peppermint and Avocado Oil.

 
Erborian CC Crème
I also chose this Erborian CC Crème - I've been wanting to try out something from Erborian.
This is an amazing little cream. It comes out as a speckled white cream but turns a flesh tone as you rub it in and does quite an impressive job of evening the overall tone of my face, slightly blurring pores, gives a faint radiance and also has the addition of SPF 25. My first impressions of this is really favourable.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review