This Week's Skincare Deals

Browsing when bored - it can be a dangerous thing financially! My resistance levels are down when I'm bored and I'm less likely to have good judgement (or remember my mountainous skincare stash back at home that I need to use up first!) in what I choose or what I think I need!
 
This was definitely one of those spend-too-much-when-bored weeks for me. I shopped online, I walked round all the beauty halls and make up counters in town, I bid on too many things on eBay! And most of the things I bought weren't even on my wish list!
 

Cerave - Foaming Cleanser - £9.00 for 236ml - Buy at Boots
 
This actually was one of the items that had been on my wish list as soon as I heard that it would finally be available in the UK (Boots now stock this range as from earlier this month).
So many people on Instagram chose this as one of their all-time favourite cleansers. This was something I listened to, because usually when people pick their holy grail items online, they're generally high-price, hard to find, very photogenic and uber luxurious products. So this average-looking, no-nonsense drugstore item really must have something going for it for so many people to be raving about it.
I chose the Foaming Cleanser as I noticed that it contains three types of ceramides, hyaluronic acis AND Niacinamide (which is my all-time favourite skincare ingredient).
I started using it on the same day I bought it and was instantly very impressed with it. It has no scent and lathers up well but without being at all drying or stripping. I don't usually use a facial wash (or wash with water) in the mornings, but I've found myself wanting to use this both in the morning and as the second-cleanse at night.
 
Next stop, Superdrug! They currently have a Buy- One-Get-One-Free on their Naturally Radiant range.
 
Again on Instagram, I saw someone favourably compare the Glycolic Toning Acid to Pixi Glow Tonic (which I love!). So my first choice was the 5% Glycolic Tonic at £5.99 for 100ml. My second (free choice) was the Naturally Radiant Brightening Eye Cream at £5.99 for 15ml.
 
My first impressions of the Glycolic Toner are again, very favourable. The 5% Glycolic Acid is strong enough to work but not so strong as to be irritating (I've previously found the 7% in The Ordinary Glycolic Toner too harsh for me).The toner has a slightly sweet citrus scent (which I actually really like). I had zero irritation when using this product and I also could see an instant brightening effect (which I don't necessarily notice with Pixi Glow Tonic or The Ordinary Glycolic toner). My skin felt very soft afterwards and although I left it a while between this step and the next in my routine, I didn't feel dry or taut in that time.
 
The eye cream contains Kiwi Fruit and Mulberry extracts for brightening and Sugar Beet extract for nourishment. It claims to reduce puffiness and dark circles. I have only been using this for a couple of nights so far, but I'm reasonably happy with first impressions. I've had terrible trouble finding the perfect eye cream. They are either too sticky, too heavy, make my eyes gummy in the morning or just don't have any discernible results.
This one is light enough not to cause milia (so far) but heavy enough to soothe and hydrate my eye area.
 
So far, I'm impressed with the Naturally Radiant range and am tempted to go back in while the deal is still on and try another couple of items from the range!
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review