Pre-Christmas Mini Haul

I have been so very restrained in the past few weeks with trying not to buy any make up or skincare! Whilst making Christmas lists for gifts I would buy for others I, of course, was mentally making my own Christmas wish list!
A very testing time was the period around Black Friday. In the few years that Black Friday has become an event in the UK, it's not been anything that's ever tempted or bothered me before - it seemed to be all about wide-screened TVs and other electrical items you didn't want or need.
However, this year, the Black Friday sale emails kept flooding in and they actually had make up and skincare items that I really, really wanted! I managed to keep reasonably restrained still, but there were some offers that were just to great to miss.
 
 
 
The Hero Project, one of my favourite British skincare brands had some great Black Friday offers. I alerted my mum, and she got me my beloved Vit C-30 Brightening Serum for my birthday. It came with a cute make up bag plus three samples.
 
 
I was so happy to have my hands on this again. I just couldn't tolerate the greasiness and grittiness of The Ordinary's Vitamin C Suspension 23% anymore. Even trying to use it up on my body is a bit of a chore - it's just as greasy and doesn't feel at all good on my skin. It also doesn't have the same results as the Hero Project serum. I don't like to give up on a product without a fight, but the two just can't compare.

 
The Hero Project Glow Drops was a great deal from Look Fantastic. It was already reduced on the Look Fantastic website and I also had a £5 off voucher from my Look Fantastic Beauty Box, so this cost just £10 in the end.

 
Another little birthday treat to myself was this Body Shop Chinese Ginseng and Rice Toner. I also received a £5 Birthday voucher from the Body Shop and wanted to choose either this or their Rose Petal Toner. I do love me some Ginseng, so I chose this first, but will definitely be going back for the Rose Petal Toner later!
 
 
I fell head over heels for this little sample of the Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel and knew that this one product I would have to buy the full size of.
 
 
I've been eyeing up the new I Heart Makeup Chocolate Orange palette but haven't seen it in Superdrug yet, but whilst looking, I couldn't resist this Make Up Revolution 'Golden Sugar' Blush palette. It costs just £6.00 and is really rather excellent - the palette contains blusher, highlighter and a couple of bronzers.
 
 
The Sleek makeup highlighter palette in 'Cleopatra's Kiss' was an early Christmas present from my son's girlfriend. She must be a mind reader because I was only just recently thinking that I wouldn't mind some gold-toned highlighters as I always opt for the pale and icy shades. It's such a pretty and sturdy little palette.
 
 
With two cream and two powder highlighters, I was absolutely blown away by the colours and quality of these highlighters. I usually have some issues with the application of cream highlighters, but these apply so well without streaking or caking.
 
 
I picked this adorable but generous sample size of Gucci Bloom in my Feel Unique 'Pick n Mix' sample selection. It was a bit of a blind pick - I'd not previously tested it so didn't know how it would smell. But another love-at-first smell perfume. It's a beautiful floral scent, not too sickly and overpowering and the scent lasts absolutely all day. I will definitely be buying a full size when this runs out.
 
 
And finally, a new-to-me brand from Poland - Ziaja.
I'd seen this brand on a few Instagram feeds and checked it out online as there seemed to be some very interesting ingredients and products. I couldn't believe how cheap the products were. I could have happily chosen about ten products, but thought I'd start out with some Parsley Anti-Wrinkle eye cream (just £2.12!!) and some Marine Algae Micellar Water (just £3.56 for 200ml). Watch this space as I'm sure I'll be mentioning Ziaja in the future!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review