Foundation Search - Nars

Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint
£30 BUY HERE
 
Of all the foundation samples I've been testing out in the last couple of months, I really wanted it to be a Nars product that suited me best.
 
Did it?
 
My skin is combination/oily - with some dry patches at this time of year (winter).
The first sample I tried was from the Feel Unique Pick n Mix sample service. I chose a sample of the Velvet Matte Skin Tint in the shade Finland.
 
Firstly, it's been incredibly difficult choosing the right shade online as I don't have a Nars counter anywhere near me.
The shade Finland is actually the lightest shade with natural yellow undertones. I knew this would be too light but at the time it looked a better match (online) than the other choices (the whole shade range wasn't available in sample form from Feel Unique).
 
I really liked the texture of this skin tint, but being a tint was perhaps hoping for a little more coverage. However, the application was easy and blended in well with no streaking or sinking into my pores or clumping on any dry areas of my skin. I also didn't need to wear any powder over the top and it lasted well throughout the day, feeling light and comfortable but with reasonable coverage.
 
I then received the shade 'Groenland' from Feel Unique. The previous sample was in a mini tube but this was a sachet. The shade match was much better this time but when I opened the sachet the smell of glue was very overpowering so I really think something was wrong with the sample. It surely can't smell like that? But without being able to visit a Nars counter in the near distant future, I won't be able to check out the shades in store.
 
I don't know if it's because my skin is particularly dry at the moment, but this time, application wasn't as smooth. There was a lot of clumping which exaggerated some dry patches on my face.
So unfortunately, because the wear isn't consistent depending on the condition of my skin from day to day, I don't think this will go onto the short list but I might consider it for the summer.
 
All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
£34 BUY HERE
 
This was the foundation I really wanted to try so I asked my mum to get me a sample from her local Space NK. Going on the shade chart online, I thought that the shade Fiji looked about right for me.
Sadly not, it was far too yellow for my skin. Again, I'm going to need to visit a counter myself to get a good shade match.
However, I still wanted to know how this would wear.
Surprisingly, the coverage wasn't that much greater than that of the Skin Tint. I liked the consistency and it was easy to apply and blend. Unfortunately for me, this really sunk into my pores and also clumped pretty badly on dry patches which was far too visible for my liking.
 
So it looks like my initial idea that I would really like the Nars wasn't to come to anything. This one doesn't go on the short list either.
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review