September 2017 Favourites

For me, September was a good month for beauty subscription boxes - particularly the Fifth Tili Box and my first ever Look Fantastic Box.
 
I have an ever-growing wish-list of products that I'd love to try and buy.
Every month I have a 'loose' budget and will treat myself to generally one of those products, plus a few subscription boxes and then allow some room for essentials and impulse buys!
 
At the top of my wish-list this month was to try some Jane Scrivner products.
Whereas brands like Deciem have very utilitarian products, Jane's have very much more of a luxurious feel - it's all about the best natural ingredients, full of beautiful scents and sumptuous oils - sensuous and tactile all the way. Using Jane Scrivner products is very much like having a mini pampering spa session at home.
Luckily, Jane offers a Discovery Bag which costs just £20 and is full of samples for nearly all of her skincare range.
 
 
Included in the kit (comes in a sweet cotton Jane Scrivner drawstring bag):
* Nourishing cleanser 5ml
* OO 'Over Oil' Cream 5ml
* Skin Elixir 2ml
 * Intense Oil 2ml
* Rose Gold 2ml
* Affirmative 2ml
* Luxury Extra Fluffy Wash Mitt

This kit is a great way to try out many of her products and see if they work for your skin before committing yourself to buy the full size products.

 
And here's the rest of my favourites from September
 
Nars - Blush 'Orgasm'
My first time with Nars and I can see why everybody loves this shade. I'm guessing it's so-named because it's the most natural looking flush-blush colour. In the pan it appears quite shimmery, but this isn't apparent when being worn. I love it and would quite happily wear this every day if I didn't feel like I need to be fair to my other blushers too!
 
Illamasqua Gel Sculpt Contouring Stick
One of the items from this month's Look Fantastic Box. It looks so dark but because of it's gel/balm-like consistency, it blends so well.
 
Etude House - Dear Darling Tint
Although I'm undecided whether or not I'm a fan of these Korean lip tints, I absolutely adore this berry shade.
 
Bare Minerals lipstick
One of the items from the QVC Tili Box this month. A lovely rosy-nude shade that applies like a regular creamy lipstick but settles to a nice matte texture without being too drying.
 
The Ordinary - Niacinamide and Zinc
I have been using this every day, without fail, for the amazing glow it gives my skin.
 
Philip Kingsley - Swimcap
Since I've started going swimming after the gym, three times a week, I was worried that my chemically processed hair would fare badly from too much chlorine. This pre-swim cream acts as the perfect barrier to protect my hair when swimming. I'm getting through it very quickly though - so I can see that this may have to be a monthly purchase.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review