TonyMoly - Fruity Beauties

 
You might be able to tell that I'm a big fan of TonyMoly.
It was the quirky packaging that first drew me in and from then on, the more I found out about other Korean beauty brands, the more obsessed I got.
 
Most of the above items were from a gift set that I bought in Sephora in Seville back in January for just 10 euros in their sale (with hindsight I'm kicking myself that I actually was in a real-life Sephora and this is all I walked out with!! Oh, if I could turn back time!) The banana sleeping pack was bought from T.K Maxx.
 
 
 Appletox Smooth Massage Peeling Cream  £15 for 80g (Buy HERE)
 
This gentle exfoliating cream works in the same way as my regular fave The Bodyshop Drops of Life Resurfacing Peel, in that it balls up when massaged into the skin and very gentle exfoliates, leaving skin fresh, clean and unclogs pores.
The texture is like a classic cold cream and it has a lovely apple scent (not an artificial apple but a very crisp green fresh apple scent).
After cleansing, you massage into your skin (avoiding eye and lip area) for a couple of minutes and let the product ball up and gently exfoliate. Wash off with warm water.
This doesn't ball up as much as the Bodyshop peel, but I still found the results just as good. In fact, I'm more than happy that this is such a gentle peel as I do sometimes worry about over-exfoliation.
Unlike the Bodyshop peel, this doesn't leave a load of pesky gummy bits sticking to the downy hair on my face, which is a huge plus for me.
This is non-drying on my skin and is a great base for allowing the rest of the products in my routine do their best work.
I'm always happy with the result - very fresh and clean face with pores looking a lot more refined.
 
Ingredients
Water, Mineral Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Octanoate, Cellulose, Butylene Glycol, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Beeswax, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Polysorbate, Algin, Disodium, Allantoin, Methylparaben, Carbomer, BHT, Propylparaben, Glyceryl Stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone , Triethanolamine , Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Leaf Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Lactic Acid, PCA, Citric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Pyruvic Aci
Check out the ingredients on the cosDNA site.
 
 
Magic Food Banana Sleeping Pack £15.50 for 85ml (BUY HERE)
 
This was the first ever sleeping pack I bought, and to be honest, is the least favourite in my current collection.
It's a very rich, slightly greasy cream with an off-putting foam sweet banana scent. I absolutely love bananas and banana flavour but I cannot abide the smell or taste of foam bananas! Most banana-based skincare/bodycare products (and okay, I haven't actually tried too many!) have that foam sweet banana scent and depending on how strong that scent is, it can be a real deal-breaker for me.
Unfortunately, this sleeping pack has a very, very strong fake banana scent and it's hard to get over how cloying it is to wear this in bed as you're trying to get to sleep.
My face also feels quite oily and over-laden when I wake up the next morning. It's probably giving me hydration, but I would hazard a guess that if you were prone to acne or break-outs, this wouldn't be ideal to have sitting on your skin all night.
 
Ingredients
Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Beeswax, Petrolatum, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Betaine, Urea, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Fragrance(Parfum), Caprylyl Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Laureth-7, 1,2-Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract
Check out the ingredients on the cosDNA site.
 
 
 
Food Magic Banana Hand Milk £8.50 for 45ml (BUY HERE) 
 
This has the same artificial banana smell as the sleeping pack but somehow it's just not as offensive on the hands. It's also as rich as the sleeping pack but it does sink in nicely and doesn't leave my hands greasy.
Unfortunately, it's just a little too big to carry around in the make-up bag I carry in my handbag but this really does make me smile when I use it - actually, on second thought, I'm not entirely sure I'd be too comfortable whipping this out in public and squirting it on my hands! Maybe it's best left in the drawer to use at home.
 
Ingredients
 
 Water, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract, Urea, Pentylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Milk Protein Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate,Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985)
 
 
Mini Berry SPF15 Lip Balm £9.50 for 7ml (BUY HERE)
 
This adorable cherry-shaped lip balm with cherry, blackberry, cranberry, strawberry and raspberry extracts is woefully under-looked in my lip balm collection. Maybe there's part of me that doesn't want to use too much for fear of it running out and being left with what is perhaps my cutest pot ever!
The balm has a very slight red tint but is also very moisturising, with the added benefit of SPF 15.
Again, it's not hugely practical to carry around in my handbag (or pocket) and that's probably another reason why I don't use it so much - I usually only reach for lip balms in winter when I tend to keep one in my coat pocket. I've not yet got into the habit of wearing lip balms all year round (as most of my lipsticks are moisturising enough). There are other fruity lip balms - apple, peach, and particularly cute, the blueberry version.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review