Colourpop Mini Haul

 
I've been seeing so many photographs on social media of some amazing products from this American brand.
You can buy Colourpop in the UK (Glammua, House of Beauty, Make Up Mart,) - however, it's always cheaper to buy from the Colourpop site (although I did incur a shocking customs charge, see further down in this post).
 
Another reason that I was tempted to buy direct from Colourpop was that they offer $5 off for your first purchase (which is a free Super Shock eye shadow!) and free international shipping over $50 (about £38.00) and it wasn't hard to easily find $50 worth of products that I wanted - and lots were discounted too.
 
So here's my mini haul:
 
 
I was insanely excited to receive this package - I think it took just over a week to reach me BUT my excitement was hugely dampened by getting a card from Royal Mail saying there was a £10 customs charge plus an £8 handling fee to pay before I could get my package!!! In almost 20 years of buying online from overseas I have NEVER had a customs charge before - and £18 extra suddenly feel like so much of a great deal. I've been looking up customs fees and it's a bit confusing. I don't know if this is a new thing, but if it is, this is going to be a very expensive time for me as I am expecting a couple of other parcels from Korea and Japan.
 
Anyway, I must swallow my ire and get back to being joyous about my haul!
 
 
I chose:
* Love A Flare - which was on sale at $20.00. Containing I Spy - a matte dusty peach; Melrose - matte true rust; Moonwalk: satin rusty orange with a yellow-green duo chrome flip; By My Side: satin yellow peach with a pink duo chrome flip; High Rise: matte deepened olive and Head Rush: matte khaki olive.
 
* Weekend Warrior palette - which was on sale at $12.00. Containing - Throttle: satin pale pink; Harley: matte cool grey; Burnout: matte deepened teal and Chopper: matte deepened purple.
 
* Three Super Shock shadows - which are $5 each. My first choice and favourite Bae - aubergine purple with blue glitter; Sequin - a rosy penny copper with multi-dimensional glitter and Prickly Pear - a lavender with gold and violet ultra-glitter.
 
* Two pressed powders -which were reduced at $4 each. Boxer -a metallic deep bronze and Saltwater - a metallic golden rose. I wish now that I'd bought a couple more of the pressed powders which would have gotten me a free empty palette to keep them in as the pressed shadows are just the pan with no external packaging, so I'm going to need to find a way to keep these covered.
 
 

I did swatch all of them as soon as I got them and my first thought was that they weren't as pigmented as the swatches on the Colourpop site showed. This isn't actually a complaint or a problem though as they are still very highly pigmented, but for me, not as 'out there' as some of the swatches showed and much easier to work with for an everyday look.
 
My initial feelings about these eyeshadows are love at first sight!
I got a mix of matte, satin and shimmery and without exception, they are all so creamy to apply and last absolutely all day without shifting, smudging or fading.
I would even go as far to say that I'm preferring the formulas and pigments of these eyeshadows more than the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette I recently bought.
 
It's been a lot of fun mixing and matching the shades to create new eye looks - I still haven't used some of them yet. Interestingly, several of the shades look quite similar in the pan but they each have unique 'personalities' and really are different from each other.
So far, my hands-down favourite is 'Bae' which is almost a fresh bruise colour (really much, much nicer than I make that sound!) which I've found changes slightly in different lights.
 
I'm really hoping that Colourpop open a UK site soon, so we can get these products for the same price and the same range as you can in the USA. But if not, and as much as it sticks in my craw, I probably would swallow the unpalatable customs charge in order to get hold of some more. My favourite make-up brand to date.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review