Unboxing - QVC Tili Box

QVC - Tili Box (Try it, Love it)
 

 
Why on earth I didn't buy this box sooner is absolutely beyond me!
I was only recently aware that QVC sold a beauty box (they are one-off boxes so you don't need to subscribe or commit). This is the Tili (try it, love it) box number 4. And it's woefully under-represented on social media and in the press as it's by far the most superior and best value box that I've had so far.
 
Only £20.00 with free postage from QVC (at time of writing the fourth edition box is still available).


It comes in a lovely, sturdy (and big!) peach coloured box.




Even though I knew what was in the box, the anticipation and excitement were at crazy levels. Just look at this presentation!



 
I was most looking forward to trying out the Alpha-H Liquid Gold Rose Edition. This has featured on so many Instagram feeds and I really wanted to find out why it is so loved for myself.
I already use an AHA/BHA toner and suggested use for this is every other evening - so I take turns with my Cosrx toner and this. It's a really generous sample size too at 50ml and I'm very happy it's the Rose edition as it has a really beautiful rose scent, which is one of my most favourite skincare scents. I've only been using it for just under a week so can't really comment on any results but this formula includes rose, sacred lotus and orchid petal so I'm hopeful that I'll see some improvements to my skin. It's designed to be a gentler and calming version of the regular formula, this treatment exfoliates away dead skin cells while you sleep and helps to improve the appearance of lines and enlarged pores. Ideal for those with dry or sensitive skin
 
It Cosmetics is another brand that I've seen around but never tried. I've also never tried CC cream before either. Similar to BB creams but focussing on colour correction, this 4ml  sample in a medium  shade was a great match for my skin tone.
I've only used it once and was surprised at just how full coverage it was. I didn't actually need to add any foundation or other concealer on top, but it was quite dewy and I felt that I needed some powder to just mattify it a bit. Enriched with hydrolysed collagen, peptides, niacin, hyaluronic acid and vitamins A, B, C and E, it's got some amazing ingredients for the skin too. The full size version has 50+ SPF which is an absolute bonus, but it doesn't mention it's SPF coverage on this sample size.
 
 
Fake-tanning is something I'm generally very nervous about trying. When you see all the pre-tan preparations available such as pre-tan exfoliators and tanning mitts I tend to think "can I really be arsed?" but since I don't walk around in the summer with my legs bare from ankle to hip then my legs can often be the last thing to get a healthy looking summer colour - I usually get brown feet while the rest of my legs stay pretty milky. But I have been loathe to start using fake tans as the final colour can be a bit of a gamble and with my poor application skills I can be sure of streaks and patches.
This 20 ml sample of Vita Liberata ten minute tan still gave me a touch of the heebie-jeebies as the colour develops within four to six hours so I was a bit nervous to see what colour would develop. As it was, it was a very subtle, natural looking colour with no streaks or darker patches. If anything, it was slightly too subtle - so I applied some more!
Very easy to apply, with a delicious smell  (that'll be the rose and neroli)that is so far removed from that awful chemical smell that most tans have. It has a very light tint so you can see where you've already applied. Just wait ten minutes and then shower off.
Buy full size version at QVC

Erno Laszlo is another brand that I'm aware of, but to be honest, have avoided as it's usually a little pricey. I haven't tried this duo cleansing set yet as I have so many cleansers open at the moment.
Buy full size version at QVC

 
So in love with this Opi nail varnish in the shade 'I can never hut up' (although seriously, these names are getting worse!). It's definitely a shade I would have picked for myself. It's a pale grey, which in sunlight has an almost holographic shimmer but at other times looks quite matte - I don't quite know how that works! I've had it on for a couple of days now and it seems quite long-wearing so far although there are some chips (but I did have it on while I helped someone move house so it had it's work cut out!).
You can't buy this separately on QVC but they do have the entire Opi Fiji collection (in mini sizes. Which is very tempting!
 
I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Benefit. Some of their products I adore and others I think are truly over-hyped. So far, this Roller Lash is nudging towards my 'truly adore' list. I'll add a mini review on to my Mascara Comparison post soon.
Check out the mazing Benefit bundles on QVC - buy Benefit Roller Lash on QVC
 
 
I've really been neglecting hair care, tending to pick up whichever shampoo and conditioner is on offer at the time, which is a bit silly of me considering I have very long, very thick coloured hair. I've only just recently started looking at different shampoos/conditioners and treatments to sort my hair out. So for once, I wasn't unhappy or disinterested to see shampoo and conditioner in the box.
The Julien Farel Vitamin shampoo and conditioner (50ml each) is a product and brand I'd never heard of before. I've been using both all week and am really pleased with results. The shampoo is enriched with hyaluronic acid, panthenol, and vitamins B, C and E and the conditioner is enriched with marine collagen. I noticed an instant improvement. My hair was lovely and soft and it actually beefed up my hair colour (which is in need of sorting out at the moment). The only problem for me was that because it's paraben free, it didn't really lather up too well so I had to use more of the product in order for it to cover my hair from roots to tips. I'm really loving this, but at £17 per bottle, it's a little out of my budget, especially with the amount I had to use per wash.
 
 
The Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (30ml) seems to be a hugely popular product. I've not tried this yet but am happy for the chance to try it. I just hope I get on better with it than I did the Liz Earle Eyebright soothing eye lotion (click link for that review). Enriched with rosemary, chamomile, eucalyptus and cocoa butter - I'm just glad to see no aloe vera in this product.
QVC sell lots of Liz Earle bundles rather than just the product on it's own.
 
 
And finally, another brand that I see mentioned everywhere but have yet to try myself.
For my face, I do like a sun cream with a very high factor (preferably 50 SPF) so I wouldn't use this as my go-to daily facial sun cream. But I will keep this 25ml of Ultrasun for face in my bag should I need a top-up during the day if I'm out and about. Although, I'd better try it first to check that it works well both under and over make-up and doesn't leave a white cast.
QVC sells some great value Ultrasun bundles
 
I don't know how often the Tili box is released but I will certainly be avidly awaiting the next edition. It's amazing value with some really great products, and unusually for a beauty box, there's not a single item that I don't like or wouldn't use.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review