The Face Shop - Jeju Volcanic Lava Clay Mousse Pack

 
Jeju Volcanic Lava Clay Mousse Pack
 
 


First Impressions
 
I bought this the other day from a small out-of-town branch of TK Maxx - it was in the clearance section for just £3.00. Unlike a lot of the other clearance items you get at TK Maxx, this was still boxed and hadn't been opened, tested, pawed over etc, so I thought it was a great deal.
 
According to the brand:
The pore range that protects your skin from pollution and purify your pores to bring out your natural beauty. This mousse pack with rich whipped cream-like foam containing Jeju volcanic lava that softly applies and removes impurities within the pores without any tautness and leaves a moisturized finish.
 
Main Ingredients:
  • Jeju Sasa: Rich tannin ingredients deliver pore tightening effects
  • Jeju Akebia : Creates skin moisture barrier and enhances skin tone
  • Jeju Fusiforme: Maintains smooth healthy skin, rich in minerals

  • Packaging:
    I'll get the worst thing out of the way first! This is a solid metal can with a foam dispenser at the top. I was expecting a foam-mousse type consistency but as you can see in the photo below, I just got a long 'string' of clay mask type product. The dispenser is awkward and the product comes out at an angle.
     
     
     
     Scent and texture:
    The ingredient list was all in Korean, so I couldn't put my finger on what this scent was. It was pleasant though and not too over-powering. As I said, the consistency was just like your average clay-based wash off mask with a very slight exfoliating feel - nothing too gritty. It was creamier than the usual clay mask but not at all mousse-like as I was expecting. (I did shake the can vigorously as you might expect to with a mousse).
     
    Application:
    Soft and gentle to apply with just a very fine gritty texture. I did massage this in a little as I applied and it settled o my face like a clay mask. I applied this on dry skin and left it on for about 15 minutes before I had a bath.
     
     
     
    Thoughts:
    It was a gentle mask that left my skin feeling clean and soft but my pores didn't look any different after the first use. So, a nice experience but unfortunately no discernible difference to my skin after use. However, since it is a clay-based mask, I did notice that it was actually quite hydrating and didn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry. I'll be happy to use this, but I wouldn't rush to repurchase.
     

    Comments

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    Morning Skincare Routine - May

    Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

    Thyme Out Review