DIY Matcha Face Mask

DIY Matcha Face Mask
 


Gotta love a bit of green!
 
Everywhere I look, I'm seeing people extolling the virtues of Matcha tea.
One cup of Matcha green tea is equivalent to ten cups of the regular green tea, so without having to guzzle ten cups of green tea you can reap the health benefits in one.
 
Benefits which include:
*  improvement to good cholesterol levels;
*the high chlorophyll levels are great for detoxification - naturally removing chemical toxins and heavy metals from your body;
*Matcha green tea powder contains 60% EGCg (epigallocatechin gallate), which is a specific catechin that is most widely known to contain properties that are essential in fighting against cancer;
* increases metabolism and aids the body in burning fat faster;
* L-Theanine, an amino acid present in Matcha tea, gives a feeling of relaxation and calmness;
*  L-Theanine also produces chemicals, such as serotonin and dopamine. These chemicals improve memory, enhance mood and boost concentration.
*Matcha green tea powder contains potassium, iron, calcium, protein and vitamins C and A which fortify your immune system;
 
Luckily for me then, I love the taste of Matcha tea! I bought this powder because I wanted to try making some Matcha latte but that didn't work too well! I got a mouthful of unmixed powder and that was just grooo! So I'm sticking to the Matcha tea bags which can be found in health food shops and even in your local supermarket now.
 
So I'm keeping the matcha powder for my skin, as Matcha has amazing benefits for your skin as well as your body:
 
*Treats inflammation. Matcha powder has many anti-inflammatory properties, especially EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), that reduce the redness associated with chronic skin conditions such as rosacea and even acne. It is gentle enough for all skin types and brings soothing relief from these issues. Not only does the skin feel better, but matcha diminishes redness, which lessens any self-consciousness about having a chronic skin condition.
* Improves your complexion. Matcha powder has remarkable properties to keep your complexion fresh and healthy. Not only does it reduce inflammation, it exfoliates and eliminates dead skin cells, then rejuvenate the underlying skin to improve your complexion.
* Diminishes the signs of aging.  Matcha stimulates elastin production to add volume to the skin. It also protects the skin against free radicals that cause sun damage, age spots, dry skin, and wrinkles.
* Treats oily skin. The tannins in matcha actually shrink pores and reduce the production of oil associated with acne.
 
Simple DIY Matcha Mask Recipe
 
* 2 tsps. matcha green tea powder
* 1 tsp  rosewater
* 1 drop of Barbary Fig Oil*
 
*Any good facial oil can be used instead - jojoba, rosehip, marula, squalane, sweet almond oil. Alternatively, if you only have matcha tea powder, just mix with water to form into a runny paste.
 
I left my mask on for approx. 10-15 minutes until it dried. It didn't feel as tightening as some clay masks. I did experience a rather pleasant very light pulsing feeling, which felt like my circulation was getting a little aroused (in a good way). I removed the mask with a wet soft flannel and it felt fabulous! I was slightly pink (again, in a good way, not sore pink but healthy pink) which I attributed to my blood circulation getting a little bit racy.
My skin looked and felt very healthy - a definite brightening and smoothing and dare I say, my pores looked more closed and clean. I'm definitely going to make this a once-a-week treat.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Skincare Routine - May

Flower Beauty ~ Light Illusion Foundation ~ First Impressions

Thyme Out Review